Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side dual is no longer working, it stopped working the other day.

I checked the bulbs and ballasts and that is not the problem (switched them to the drivers side and they worked and also switched the entire light to the drivers side and connected drivers side plugs and got it to work). All wires seem to be connected fine and the ground is fine. There is a fuse that is connected to the battery and that is fine.

The duals are retrofit quad projectors and corners are LED so there is a bunch of wiring. Both corners work fine and I also wired up some jdm fogs today and they both work fine.

Where should I start to look next to figure this out? There are 2 ballasts per headlight, so maybe I should check the relays also..?

Worst case scenario is there something I can connect from the drivers side over to the passenger side?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20,984 Posts
I can't really help since it sounds like there is a mess of extra wires and relays and stuff from the dual installation, and I don't know how it was done.

I will say left and right headlamps have separate fuses and go through the light switch separately. They never want one thing to take out both sides.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
This happened to mine too. I have the duals with retrod projectors and aftermarket hids. Pass side wouldnt work for anything so I went through and rewired everything and made sure I had good connections everywhere. Took awhile but its been fine ever since. Just an idea

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I replaced what looked like a burnt fuse, that did not fix anything. So I checked the wires for any lose connections and did not find any lose connections. I made sure the ground connection was cleaned up and bolted all grounds back to the same spot on bare metal. All connections into the relays were fine, nothing hanging out. Everything had been taped up very well with electrical tape.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I am going to be switching to standard set of duals with a single HID in each housing anyways, then I should be ok to just connect the HID harness to the factory drivers side harness, connect all other wiring and be done right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.