Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any out there is using the PIAA Super Plasma GT headlights in their G? I'm debating if I should spend the money on them as I'm fairly satisfied with the Sylvania XtraVision. However, there is a lot of mixed reviews on the PIAAs, see http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/bulbs/superwhites/
They are expensive and I don't want to spend the money if PIAAs are all hype. Sylvania's SilverStar in the H4 format will be coming out at the end of June, so I may wait till then depending on what type of feedback I receive from this forum. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been using the super plasma's for the past few months with no problems. Whatever you decide to go with, make sure they are 55/60W otherwise your stock harness will melt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. On PIAA's website, the Super Plasma is 55/60W and the Super Plasma GT is 60/55W. My owner's manual also states to use 60/55W. Does it make a difference with the numbers reversed? Do you find the PIAAs are brighter and how are they in the rain/snow?

http://www.piaa.com/h4bulbs.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
The numbers shouldnt make a difference if they are reversed as long as they are in that range. The lighting is good for a "coated" bulb, obviously a clear bulb like our stock ones offer better lighting b/c the bulb is uncoated. As far as rain/snow, rain are fine - we havnet had much snow at all here in NJ, but, I think they would be fine. The reason I bought the bulbs is b/c they look like HIDs when looked at from the outside.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I saw a site that had bulbs that were that had bulbs for an H4 application but didnt say what series such as 9003 which what P11s use. Does it matter? And which do you guys prefer the xtreme whites or the super plasmas?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi 2001G20. H4s and 9003s are the same bulb. The "H" series is the newer standard in naming a bulb type and the P11 uses the H4. I'm also debating whether to get the Xtreme Whites vs the Super Plasma. I hear the Xtreme is a whiter light whereas the SPs have a more blue/purple hue; however, I haven't seen it for myself. I also may wait for Sylvania's new SilverStar bulb in the H4 format to be out by the end of June. See http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm
The SilverStar's kelvin rating of 4000K is the same as PIAA's Xtreme Whites, but they're going to be considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got the PIAA Xtreme Whites in my ride. They look nice ! Produces a pure natural white beam =) After these burn out in a few months :x I might try the Super Plasmas, but I heard with the Super Plasmas, it's hard trying to find a clearance bulb that'll match with it :-\ I have also have the PIAA Xtreme White clearance bulb to match the headlight bulbs. those match great.
Check out optionsautosalon.com that's where i got my PIAAs.
$50 for H4 bulbs for our G20s (P11). oh yeah, and the PIAAs do kinda suck for driving in the rain. Doesn't light the road up to well when it's raining :(

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I own a p10 with factory foglights. Which bulb fits in the foglights the super plasmas or the xtreme white. I want the headlights to match the fog lights. Also where do you find bulbs to put in the parking light spot. You know the little tiny bulb next to the headlight. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts