Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about installing a component set I have sitting around in my garage in my new P10t.

Anyone know where I can get some gray felt that matches my stock headliner or pillars?

Or I might just wrap all of it in black leather which would look sick.

Anyone done either and have some advice or even better pics?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I did my interior black from the gray stock. The most important thing I can tell you is that you need to have a good sense of the fabric for the headliner and use a good adhesive, professional upholstery grade if possible. If you want the headliner material, try JCwhitney.com they got pretty decent price and remember seeing this up there at one time or another. Good luck bro

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got some pretty good leather. I'll probably get the highest grade I can or oh, maybe suede, that would be awesome. I'll probably use 3M 90 weight contact cement. I convinced that you could build houses with it. I did some nice door pannels in my 944.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
yeah i got upholstery equipment so i went with what i know that works. i recommend two people for the headliner otherwise ull end up with wrinkles

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I'll take all that out when it gets warm. I hate how cold and shitty it's been this winter. I haven't been able to work very much on any of my cars. I guess while I'm at it I'll do the door inserts and I was thinking about fabing up some speaker pods and do those in suede too. Just to tie it all in.

What did you do about your gray seat belt adjusters and the and gray rubber and stuff?

I was also thinking about having the front and rear seats redone with a sude inserts and maybe have some seat heaters put in. I don't know if I want to drop that kind of cash yet though.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
lol, yeah as for the gray inserts, I don't have those, I have the automatic seatbelts....(pimp) I would suggest you try to get the seatbelts from a G20T part out... Otherwise you could try Vinyl paint from pepboys. as for redoing the upholstery, be ready to drop some mad cash, I got lucky my dad use to do it for a living but he says he wouldn't do it for less than $1,000, it's a lot of work...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah. I have a t but the headliner and pillars and the trim are gray. I might just try some of the vinyl paint. I had pretty good results in my porsche with it doing the top of door pannels and the dash. I thought I would ask though.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
look at my new post i got my seat pics and headliner pics up... I was originally going to do Carbon fiber but it didnt' work out like I wanted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts