Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you car enthusiasts in the Toronto area...just a word of warning:

The cops here have set a new mandate and are CRACKING DOWN on us car enthusiasts with the eye-catching, souped up and kitted up stylish rides. So just beware when driving or 'speeding' along the streets of TO, as they will find an excuse to stop you.

Not only will these sly 'bastards' find any petty reason to ticket you, but they will also have your insurance company informed of ALL the mods and customizations to your car, so you will be paying high premiums....

Just be on the look out, that's all I am saying!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
thats BS. there tickiting people with nice cars. that pisses me off. i know engine mods can be illegal but it cant be illagal to have kits and body mods that dont affect driving or vision

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
There's been a rash of accidents here, due to immature kiddies borrowing their parents cars and thinking they are hot shit. An officer has to have a reason to pull you over, but again, they can come up with many reasons to do so, most of which are bs.

I've read up on Torontostreetracing forum how people just get pulled over for no apparent reason. It's ridiculous.

They should make a track, which would help minimize the street racing, instead of our tax dollars going to fund PACER.

The cop can report my mods to my Insurance company, but they won't do anything about it - I already spoke to my insurance rep. It's just a way to scare off people.

There's too many damn rules. Cops everywhere, that should be cracking down on drugs and so forth are pulling over innocent drivers for no reason.

It's a good thing I dropped out of Law Enforcement in College :p

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I hate Tdot cops

When I turned 17 I got a bank loan to buy my 1st g20. '91 Bluishsilver colour. Had it for about a week. I got pulled over 3 times in a span of 4 days. With the cops 1st askin me who owns the car? Where did I get the money for it? Telling me my plates werent registered to my car and other B/S? Eventho' I had proof of sale from a dealer and I went to the ministry myself and had the car registered.

I asked them how is it possible that my car aint registered if I have my ownership? Do you think I typed it up myself on my PC?

I hate COPS and I give them no respect. Especially being a young black male under 25 driving any car w/o being a P.O.S. They expect everything to be stolen or fit the profiles of stolen cars. I guess Im kinda off topic with the souped up car bit butI HATE FUKIN' COPS

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have been fortunate, because I haven't been pulled over once and I've had my G for over a year now. I'm sure if you were driving my G, GTA, you would definitely be pulled over and race would definitely play the main role in that. I hate looking like a Swedish schoolboy!!!!!!! lol

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
atomic-G said:
I hate looking like a Swedish schoolboy!!!!!!! lol
LOL

I must admit I've witnessed quite a few races over the summer, me not taking part in any but its been like ridiculous cars.

Last week b4 I left Integra GSR vs Oldsmobile Aurora V8????

If thats not dumb I dont know what is.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I totally agree with all you guys, I had one messed up confrontation with a cop. The cop pulled me over for no reason, checked my license and everything else blah blah ran the plates then thew my license and insurance and registration in my lap and asked to search my car, I said I preferred that he didnt (since its a right as a US citizen). Well he says ok sir wait here, he comes back and says that he is getting a warrant to search my car for drug paraphenalia. I laughed and said ok whatever, an hour and a half later another car pulls up, non marked cop car, and he gives me the warrant, then they procede to check my car, they take all my crap out, put it on the asphalt, search my car for over 2 hours, and all the while the first cop asked me 5 times if I had any drugs on me. They finish after 3 hours, they dont even put my stuff back, so I ask for the cop that pulled me over's badge number and full name and say thanks and have a nice day. I only said that cause he was so frustrated after not finding anything and the fact that I never showed any anger when he treated me like crap. So the next day I call the city, I set up a meeting with some Police Officials. 2 weeks later I show up, I tell them what happened to me, gave them my warrant I was given, and I was told that the same cop had done the same thing to 3 other guys in the past year, all I got out of the whole ordeal was a frikin letter of apology from him, a call saying he was sorry. I later found out that the cop was fired after 2 more incidents. Ah well whatever lol, I have no respect for cops still no matter what.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts