Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new here and just bought a used Infiniti G20 to use as my beater/daily driver.
It's black, got cloth seats, got a 5-speed and a few other things.... but other than that its bone stock. I'd like to see what I can learn here in order to keep my car running strong and reliably for the next several years to come.

My other rides are listed in my sig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Welcome on board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ERIKbronx said:
Welcome neighbor. My buddy is a Mitsu fan, Im sure this Nissan world will open your eyes some. Nice vehicles!

Yeah, they sure are nice. Even though my car is over 10 years old and has 156K miles on the clock, it still runs like a champ.... granted that its a 5-speed, 4 cyl I'm rather shocked and pleased by how well it accelerates stock..... :naughty:

But anyhow, I dont plan on modding it at all since its my daily driver. I bought this car from a buddy of mine for a good price. I have been looking for a beater for the longest time since I am too darn nervous to park my EVO anywhere and leave it for an extended period of time. Anyhow, the EVO can come out on weekends, go to racetrack events and car shows/meets, but the G20 will be my car I go to the mall, grocery store, friends house, etc etc in. and wont have to worry a bit about it getting stolen or banged up..... :baffled:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,452 Posts
05YellowEVO8 said:
Yeah, they sure are nice. Even though my car is over 10 years old and has 156K miles on the clock, it still runs like a champ.... granted that its a 5-speed, 4 cyl I'm rather shocked and pleased by how well it accelerates stock..... :naughty:

But anyhow, I dont plan on modding it at all since its my daily driver. I bought this car from a buddy of mine for a good price. I have been looking for a beater for the longest time since I am too darn nervous to park my EVO anywhere and leave it for an extended period of time. Anyhow, the EVO can come out on weekends, go to racetrack events and car shows/meets, but the G20 will be my car I go to the mall, grocery store, friends house, etc etc in. and wont have to worry a bit about it getting stolen or banged up..... :baffled:
Trust me I know exactly what u mean, about parking. Those cold sweats and all. =)

Hopefully we can get up once winter clears, so I can show your another side of the G20/SER world. :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ERIKbronx said:
Trust me I know exactly what u mean, about parking. Those cold sweats and all. =)

Hopefully we can get up once winter clears, so I can show your another side of the G20/SER world. :naughty:
Sure I'm down to see whats up..... I originally had a all-motor 1995 Integra GSR that was making like 190 WHP, and also owned an E-Blue 04 SRT4 that was making about 270-280 WHP.... so i can imagine the whole front wheel drive thing is all similar....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,452 Posts
05YellowEVO8 said:
Sure I'm down to see whats up..... I originally had a all-motor 1995 Integra GSR that was making like 190 WHP, and also owned an E-Blue 04 SRT4 that was making about 270-280 WHP.... so i can imagine the whole front wheel drive thing is all similar....
Similar no, fast yes. :naughty:

In due time well meet up... Too damn cold! The rest of the G20/SER crew is kool too. There always fun local, friendly meets. Once again, Welcome to this friendly forum. Any questions don't hesistate to ask.=)
 

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
Joined
·
13,766 Posts
damn, that's some fast vehicles. and very yellow.
you should make your engine bay like Dave's:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ERIKbronx said:
Similar no, fast yes. :naughty:

In due time well meet up... Too damn cold! The rest of the G20/SER crew is kool too. There always fun local, friendly meets. Once again, Welcome to this friendly forum. Any questions don't hesistate to ask.=)

ok I will do that, most of my questions will probably be maintenance related anyway, since my car is over 10 years old and is relatively high milege, I dont wanna neglect on proper maintenance and later find myself broken down on the side of the highway....

all in all, having this car will help me keep the milege on the EVO down a bit.... and not to mention I can feed it 87 octane gas :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
P11Gdub said:
damn, that's some fast vehicles. and very yellow.
you should make your engine bay like Dave's:

Interesting idea....but I'm gonna leave my EVO's engine bay alone...



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,452 Posts
kool. Lemme brush you up some... No need to worry about timing belts, since the sr20 engine comes with a timing chain. Mainly all you to do is a full tune-up and the fuel pump, and I bet the car will run another 60,000 miles without another tune-up or even touching anything else.

When you do buy parts for the car, only buy dealer parts. You can buy the parts from this site for great prices, and often the same price as local parts store... www.everythingg20.com top notch service, and a member of this site works there. Your engine will run for a long time, trust me... Im talking 220k and better. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ERIKbronx said:
kool. Lemme brush you up some... No need to worry about timing belts, since the sr20 engine comes with a timing chain. Mainly all you to do is a full tune-up and the fuel pump, and I bet the car will run another 60,000 miles without another tune-up or even touching anything else.

When you do buy parts for the car, only buy dealer parts. You can buy the parts from this site for great prices, and often the same price as local parts store... www.everythingg20.com top notch service, and a member of this site works there. Your engine will run for a long time, trust me... Im talking 220k and better. Good luck!

My buddy told me that the tune up was pretty much done, new spark plug wires, new spark plugs, new distrubutor cap and rotor I think, new valve cover gasket. I dont know about the fuel pump/fuel filter though. I just did the oil and oil filter change yesterday and threw in 5w30 dino oil in there.

The things I wanna check out is the shocks/struts and the brakes.....
The rear right hand strut seems to clunk over rough roads....
I wanna check the alignment as well....

as for the brakes, the pedal feel is kinda spongy.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vi3tdragun4o5 said:
welcome to the board and nice evo.

_mikey
my G20 looks like yours mikey....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,918 Posts
P11Gdub said:
damn, that's some fast vehicles. and very yellow.
you should make your engine bay like Dave's:
LOL, Big Bird mode FTW!!! All I see is the ugly heatshield.
I cant wait till the header gets here, hopefully tomorrow. :drool:
Welsome to the board man, I am def diggin on the EVO.
Mark my words, the P10 will start as a DD but sooner or later you'll have a few small mods on there. We all do. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
davew7 said:
LOL, Big Bird mode FTW!!! All I see is the ugly heatshield.
I cant wait till the header gets here, hopefully tomorrow. :drool:
Welsome to the board man, I am def diggin on the EVO.
Mark my words, the P10 will start as a DD but sooner or later you'll have a few small mods on there. We all do. :smile:

lol.....I seriously doubt I'll mod this car... unless Its a cheap mod to do.....
all my "mod" money is going into the EVO and the bike....
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top