Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Big fan of G20's! Recently bought a fairly beat-up 2000 G20 with an engine light on. Has a lot of minor problems but runs pretty good. Really happy to have it. Money is rather tight for me right so I decide to spend the time on this project then buy a better car in an inflated used car market. And I think I can fix it up to something I'd be proud of.

I'm hear trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks for creating such an awesome site. I can see there is a wealth of information here!!

Cheer!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice man welcome to the forum I think First mod should be the iacv coolant bypass. It’s fairly easy and will prevent your ecu from being fried. Just remove the air box/intake hose and locate the two coolant lines going into the iacv …

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice man welcome to the forum I think First mod should be the iacv coolant bypass. It’s fairly easy and will prevent your ecu from being fried. Just remove the air box/intake hose and locate the two coolant lines going into the iacv …
Thanks for the reply, brother! Funny you mention the IACV, engine light problem turns out to be the infamous P0505 code for Idle Air Control Auxiliary Valve along with secondary code of p0325 for Knock sensor. So I spent the other day cleaning and vacuuming all the dirt out of the engine...then cleaned the thing that plugs into the IACV from the wire harness (used brake cleaner) and I sprayed out the IACV hole and wiped it really good without disconnecting it (because it's a super hassle to take out the IACV)...also cleaned the mass air sensor (with MAS cleaner) oh and also throttle all at same time, replaced the Air filter too.

Running really good now but its still got that engine light on. So do you think I should just disconnect battery for 24 hours and see if that resets the computer to the engine light? Or do I definitely need a new IACV and knock sensor?? I'm hesitant to change the IACV because I've heard some horror stories of when others changed out their IACV, they were saying they had to take their car into the dealer reprogrammed the IACV. And it's idling fine now (a little higher idle than when it's running at less than 5 mph but not too bad). When I first bought it, the idle was really rough, sounded horrible, but it was extremely dirty back then. Someone must have taken this g20 through a dust storm because it was just covered in dirt, coming out of the air conditioning even. I literally had to wear a mask driving it the first week. LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes disconnect ground on battery for a day or two. If the codes come back go to picknpull and get a used iacv and slap it on. You already disconnected the iacv? Was the connector melted or deformed? I’m curious how many miles on the g20? You should also change the cabin air filter sounds like it might be filthy. Make sure you don’t have vacuum leaks the rubber hoses on these get brittle after so many years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes disconnect ground on battery for a day or two. If the codes come back go to picknpull and get a used iacv and slap it on. You already disconnected the iacv? Was the connector melted or deformed? I’m curious how many miles on the g20? You should also change the cabin air filter sounds like it might be filthy. Make sure you don’t have vacuum leaks the rubber hoses on these get brittle after so many years.
It's got 135,000 miles on it but no engine problems I can see. I can't believe I got it for only a grand!!:D The biggest problem is cosmetics, driver side door got side swiped in a hit an run which previous owner chose not to repair. So driver side window won't roll down. Computer always thinks all the doors are open because of this.

Besides the IACV situation, I just got change out driver side door, repaint it (super bad right now) and do other minor things (rear light broken, needs brakes, rotors, shifter gets stuck in park, etc). Runs really well besides a slightly higher idle. Already changed out the cabin air filter (there was like piles of dirt in the cabin).

I haven't disconnected the IACV yet, I just cleaned the connector and the little air way like they show in this video
(did everything exactly the way this guy did in the video).

Like I said, I was worried about disconnecting the IACV because others have reported they had to re-calibrate it at the dealer afterwards and I can't afford dealer service plus its a pain to take the entire thing out and I haven't bought a new one yet. Thanks for the tip. I'll check the hoses, maybe I should just order new hoses for everything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts