Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure where this may belong, however if an admin wishes to help me in moving it to the correct section I will be very much thanful.

Well, I am only about couple days from purchasing this g20 off my friend. The car overall is in pretty good condition. It's a 96 g20 goldish color. It has a little bit of body damage on the gas tank area. I am gonna be gettting the car for 300 or 350 havent worked out that 50 bux's yet.

The reason he is selling it cheap is because I believe the clutch is burned out. He said that someone told him he it might need clutch fluid?? I was not sure the g20s had hydraulic clutch'es. I have tried reading/searching on here and no avail on this question??? He is going to school now and doesnt have time to work/fix it any longer. I have been looking around and basically found some oem clutch kits for around 120 bones. I also saw some performance clutch kits for a lot more. Is the performance clutch worth it? I am not gonna "mod" the car soo where I believe I need that performance clutch; not so much since I kinda want it as a daily driver.

I also remember when I was in the car his driver's side strut was garbage. I was also planning on buy all new struts and shocks. Is ebay a good place to do my searching for parts or you guys have some good realible mailorders you can reccomend me?

The car has about 160xxx miles (clean title) and hasn't been driven in about three months I believe. I like the style of the g20 and seems like a nice car. My previous cars was a 1989 camaro, and I currently own a 1994 Toyota pickup right now.

From all my research I have been doing in the past three hours of searching these forums they kickass. I am a member of other forums that I frequent. I know how to properly use the search function so I wont be spamming your guys board with nonsense ;) . this forum seems filled with good people with good advice. I just want to be pointed to the correct direction.

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay!

To answer your questions:

The car you will have is known as a p10 (91-96). it doesn't have a hydraulic clutch line, it is a cable. For the clutch kit, I personally would go with an OEM one since you don't plan on upping the power levels at all.

Are you looking to upgrade the shocks or simply get factory replacements? If you do replace the shocks might I recommend getting the KYB Gr2's, they are a cheap and effective shock.

I usually go to www.everythingg20.com or talk to Justinp10 on the boards. It is basically a dealership that cater's to the car enthusiast.

Good luck with your future purchase!

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Welcome. I'd also recommend the KYB GR-2 shocks/struts. They're good quality and not too expensive. Also, since you mentioned it's been sitting for awhile, you may need to give it a tune-up. I just remember when I bought my first G20, it had been sitting at a dealer for awhile and was really slow/jolty when accellerating. At first I thought it was the car itself, but after a tune-up, it was like a totally different car. Good luck with your G and whatever work you end up doing to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the advice guys. Ohh yeah nelson, I was planning on getting a tune up aswell, oil change,probably a new intake or just a air filter, new spark plugs and wires. I am also gonna change all four brake pads on it aswell. Anything i should do for the tune up aswell?? I was wondering how many of you have put short shifters on your g20s?

reading on here more and more is changing my mind on the modification :p . Seems like g20s are an addiction that was gonna try to sway away from. I think I am not gonna be able to help myself on this car.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
bmxican said:
thanks for all the advice guys... Seems like g20s are an addiction that was gonna try to sway away from. I think I am not gonna be able to help myself on this car.
You're welcome...that's what we're here for... & you're right!

Add to the tuneup...clean the throttle body & make sure the MAF sensor is grounded properly.
If you have access to a tach/dwell meter & timing light, it's not a bad idea to set the base idle & set the timing...l like 17* advanced...;)

There are some people running short shifters. Mine's a slushbox, so I can't offer any input...

As far as being pointed in the right direction...you're here!
Welcome to our humble little community!

Putt

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wish you the best of luck!

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Welcome, and your in luck, there are some great G20 gurus in the PHX area if you ever need help. Sounds like you know what your doing tho....

JustinP10 works at www.everythingg20.com (ie: infiniti of scottsdale) so if you need stock parts, im sure you can arrange to pick them up and avoid any shipping cost. He can easily hook you up with what you might need.

As for shocks/struts...pony up for the KYB/AGX's They will give you a good platform if you intend to lower the car any.

All the tune up stuff has been listed, I would add in to change all the fluids, oil, tranny, coolant, etc..etc...and be prepared for some other stuff that will need attention on a 10 year old car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts