Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum. Picked up this 95 G20 as a DD ($300) from the local auction. Got a big family so other car is a expedition and that is a no no for a long commute. (80 bucks a week on gas to fill it up)

Since coming to this forum I have gotten more and more interested in seeing what it can do with the car. But I am limited by cash and the need for optimal gas mileage. Right now I am just working on getting her back on the road:

• I just bought a bumper and fender from local pick a part
  • I have a whining in the passenger wheel and i figure I need a new wheel bearings
  • I have some movement in the ball joints as well

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Bad alignment, bad suspension part or parts, tie rods (as you mentioned :) ) Out of balance tire/wheel combo maybe.

Nice find, there are a few AL0 P10 owners around you. I am about 45 minutes SW of Philly. My P10 is in Philly right now so you are closer to it than I am!

·
Suzie Kl0ne
2,155 Posts
Thanks I do have a question. When I accelerate the passenger side wheel feels like there is movement (pulling). Gotta check tie rod ends, but what else can make it do that?
hello

that is a fun situation. could be a number of things tie rods, lca, axle, alignment, flat tire, . bet thing to do is put it in the air and check all the bushings and stuff to rule some things out. if you see moisture and leaking fluid. it could be your power steering leaking and that usually makes the lca bushings go bad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for warm welcome..

This is my first venture into imports... I expect a great journey...

Here is a picture of my last project... me and my (late) father build her so sad to see her go!!! The cost to driver her became to much... never ran the numbers but she could Torq her butt off ... just cornered like a bread truck...lol
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
859 Posts
welcome to G20 you found yourself a p10(body type) the problem you have when you floor it is the lower control arm on the passenger side the bushing has worn out do to a power steering leek. good luck with the G

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello All,

Not a top mechanic so I not doing a build thread but wanted to update u on how far we have come.

Replaced:
water pump
starter
New front bumper cover and foam
New passenger and driver side fender
pop charger
New plugs
New front wheel bearings

Here what looks like now:
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.