Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just brought a panasonic amp and with xplod speakers and xplod headunit. i not sure if i have enuf power to power the amp. i directly plug everyding as said in the manual and the amp has not power still. can dis b battery problem. not enuf power to support the amp. everyding was connected correctly.. need sum advice.

·
Registered
653 Posts
if you speak english maybe we can help you. go back to school, son.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
foreverzero89 said:
if you speak english maybe we can help you. go back to school, son.
That's a little rude don't you think ?? His meaning was clear enough.

Kelvin, can you explain how you have it wired ?? Do you have the remote wired to trigger the amp ??

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
2nd that, make sure the remote power line is connected, also make sure the inputs are properly hooked up. AMP should have a fuse connected to it also

·
Registered
322 Posts
met bet would be on the remote wire or a bad ground...just check and make sure everything is hooked up correctly

·
Registered
653 Posts
markbuts3 said:
That's a little rude don't you think ?? His meaning was clear enough.
maybe, i just think that if you want help you should try and not make it as difficult as possible for other people to read. it makes me so angry that someone can't take the time to type it out properly.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
foreverzero89 said:
maybe, i just think that if you want help you should try and not make it as difficult as possible for other people to read. it makes me so angry that someone can't take the time to type it out properly.
well first off foreverzero89. i do speak english. you want proper english fine. btw stfu if, your not even helping me. keep your F**KING COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. i have a life. i like to make things simple. i dont plan on writing an essay on the forum.

thanks for the people that are helping me it means alot. i just did some simple wiring to see if its goin to work. but it didnt. i have check the fuse the wiring and there is still no power to the amp. i have check the remote wire (blue wire correct) and did it correctly. all wire are connected correctly. i triple checked with a voltage meter but its giving me realli low reads. is it possible the battery is to weak. should i get like optimum battery or something stronger.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Did you splice into an old wire that may have a void where its losing power? If your power source is low then its not the amp but the source. I think you should read about 13 volts or so? I think?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
run a cable directly from the battery, don't splice on anything that is already installed on the car, also place an inline fuse, 6 bucks but well worth it. Now did you buy the amp use or new, if used, might have been blown before....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Guys, quit pissing in the wind.

FWIW, I can see what Forever is saying. Geez, if you want help, it would behoove you to communicate clearly. Drop the ghettospeak.

Look, I'm an old fart here, but I'm on a lot of car boards (just happen to have/have had a lot of different cars) and there are a lot of folks who ignore the ghettospeak.

You may not like me being blunt about it, but if you want help, consider your audience. Just trying to be pragmatic here.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks gomd3 and mxer683. i will try that. if it still dont work im goin to cry. lol

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Geo said:
Look, I'm an old fart here,
No argument here :p
Geo said:
but I'm on a lot of car boards (just happen to have/have had a lot of different cars) and there are a lot of folks who ignore the ghettospeak.
Exactly George. By all means ignore the thread if you like (I'm not keen on txt spk either), but to go to the trouble of posting just to belittle someone is not the same. If you have the time to post then try to make it helpful :)

Any more info on the specifics of your wiring Kelvin ??

·
Registered
653 Posts
try this and maybe we can rule something out: take a wire and connect the power wire for the amp and put it to the remote terminal and see if it turns on. then after that maybe we can see what else it might be.

edit: if the amp does turn on then that means the amp is getting power and you won't have to worry about that. if it doesn't then there is either a problem in the amp to where it can't turn on or there is a prob in the internals of the amp. and remember it takes 9 volts for an amp to turn on.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys. i will check it out tomolo once i have time. i appericate your time and help. thanks all.

·
Registered
430 Posts
for any amp over 1000 watts the wire should be 4ga also the remote might be bad at the head unit try to put the remote in a fuse somwhere. ie dash lights turn on your headlights and if the amp turns on than it would be a bad power antena wire on the headunit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts