Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like something bad happens to my car monthly...Anyways the newest of such problems is this... My (passenger side) head light doesn't always work so I inspected the area and found that the plug that connects to the bulb is fried on that side. Can I replace just the plug or do I need to buy the whole harness-wire system. I don't know where to start ! How much will replacing this cost???

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The only other option you might look into is to hit a junkyard for the plug. Cut the wires just before where the burn is, then solder them into your wire harness. Make sure if you do this, that you cover the wires once you solder them back together.

Should work just fine as long as you don't have other electrical problems that caused that burn.

Are you using standard bulbs or some of those high powered replacements. If you are that could be why the wires fried. It is not always common, but the high powered bulbs are too intense for some factory wiring and cause the melting of the wires.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$300 sounds rediculous. All I need is the plug piece. Does anyone know if you can get just that piece or do you need to get the whole wiring setup for both sides?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I had the same problem, but they do not sell just the plug. It's the whole engine harness together. I took the bulbs out sanded the connectors and used a electrical conductive lube that is a anti corossive. and changed to PIAA. every other bulb will do the same thing but Piaa never gave me that problem again. other that that you have to find it a t a junk yard.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
rob99sp said:
It seems like something bad happens to my car monthly...Anyways the newest of such problems is this... My (passenger side) head light doesn't always work so I inspected the area and found that the plug that connects to the bulb is fried on that side. Can I replace just the plug or do I need to buy the whole harness-wire system. I don't know where to start ! How much will replacing this cost???

Thanks Guys.

I had that same problem on my '91. You didn't by any chance happen to use high wattage bulbs did you? Mine kept blowing and I couldnt figure it out until I blew my day-time-running-lights(canadian) and melted my connector. I got a replacement from Nissan for less than $30 I'm almost sure as it was about 3-4 years ago. Oh yea thats canadian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts