Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my 96t, i got new brakes pads on it, bleed the system. however when ever i start it up and start driving on my first brake it feels spongy and makes a weird noise, from the right side, like theres air in the system, and it feels like it coming from the master brake cylinder, then when continuig to drive it the ABS light goes on but the brakes aren't spongy any more. Here are my guess either the right caliper is bad, the ABS sensor is bad or i need a new master brake cylinder. Anybody body else have this problem or can give me some tips i would appreciate it. Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
There is a specific procedure to follow when bleeding a car equipped with ABS brakes. Did you follow the factory prodecure, or did you bleed the brakes like you would on a car without ABS?

·
Registered
663 Posts
you really need to bleed again, and in the right sequence it seems like you missed a bubble.

Mike

·
Registered
450 Posts
Double check to make sure that there is no brake fluid leaking from anywhere. If there isn't, bleed the system again. I had the same problem with intermittent sponginess and realized that I had brake fluid leaking from the ABS pump.

·
Registered
242 Posts
it usually takes a few bleeds to get all the air out, what i found out about speed bleeder valves is that the trick is the sealent they put on thier bleeder screw threads that creats a seal that doesn't allow air to get back in when you let up on the peddle, so when you put the tube on the bleeder valve and the bottle or cup or whatever your useing starts to fill with dirty fluid make sure the tip of the tube is in the fluid so air can't enter the tube and you should be able to bleed it on the first try with out any special tools just make sure the tube is in the dirty fluid so no air can get in and put some of that sealant on the bleeder screw threads. (it saves your master cylinder wear & tear also)

http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/c=ry5a9RfH7ifNrLDve3WFvJyan/product/THREADSEALANT

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what's the sequence to bleeding ABS brakes i would assume start from the farthest valve and work your way towards the master brake cylinder

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That is incorrect. The factory service manual tells all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts