Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine cranks but will not start at all.

I started the car after work, when backing up it just stalled and refused to start.
I did hear a strange kind of winding down sound, which I can also hear after I stop trying to start.

I have no cel, I checked the fuel pump fuse which is fine. I have no idea what is going on or where to start.

Do I need to pull the plugs to check they are firing or is there something else to try before that?

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought a plug to see if I get a spark and I get a consistent spark from all 4 cables. I pulled the fuel pump fuse and noticed that it acts the same with it out pointing to the fuel pump.

I found this thread here: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?116944-How-to-replace-fuel-pump-P11-1999-to-2002-Pump-info-and-specs&highlight=replace+fuel+pump%3A+P11+1999+2002 on how to replace the fuel pump.

I noticed that at the end he read the voltage at 13.9 when idle. There are 2 connectors one read about .3v and the other 1.7v when ignition on and slightly less when starting. This was much less than the 13.9 pictured.

Could it be the fuel-pump relay not providing enough voltage to the pump, and maybe the sound I hear after cranking?

Can anybody help me find the relay or anything else that controls the fuel pump?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I found the relay from here: http://www.justanswer.com/nissan-infiniti/6ot1v-infiniti-g20-hello-my-mechanic-thinks-fuel-pump-relay.html and it seems perfect so I went back to the pump.

I unplugged the 2 cables and noticed that when ON it goes to 12v for a second or 2 then back to zero and when cranked it is 10.8, then 12 then 0. So once again it looks like the pump is bad as it only read .3v plugged in so the pump drains too much.
I will try getting a pump tomorrow and hopefully finish.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.