Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i bought a steel non adjust front carbing bar during the group buy. I have a cut up eBay Maxima adjustable strut bar on now. My G is a '99 non RR. When i go to put the new carbing bar on it hits the emissions vacuum ports on the top of the intake plenum before i can even bolt it down. I put the bar on a 2002 G w/ RR (different intake plenum) and it fits fine, due to the fact it doesnt have any of the emissions crap on top of the plenum. I need to know if theres a way of making it fit or am i SOL.

THINGS I THOUGHT OF :
#1. knock ou the top strut bolts for longer ones so i can put a spacer under the bar to clear. NO
#2. Swap the whole Intake plenum from a RR over. NO
#3. Cut/Shave down the vacuum ports on the intake. Would need to be alot. ?

If all else fails i will just have to sell the bar and buy a different bar. Any help or ideas would help.

·
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J/K my ass you first in line to buy it if i end up doing so! hahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Maybe find someone with a Stillen FSTB and trade?

·
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i have another bar in mine that am almost sure will clear / fit but i spent alot of $$ on the carbing bar and would love to keep it but im starting to think that she might go bye bye. Will keep you all in mind when i go to sell the bars.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
damn that sucks. im pretty sure your only real option is welding some thick washers to the bottom of the strut brace where it is secured by the bolts.

·
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya thought of that. the thing that sucks about this is a have this Carbing bar siting there not on my G, makes me mad! :toilet: :toilet:

·
Registered
494 Posts
If those vaccuum ports can be removed and taken off, you might be able to put some 90 degree elbow in there and connect the hoses to that. Should give you enough clearance for it. Or take it off and cap it? You probably dont need those hoses anyways.

·
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ugly said:
just bolt it on and let the bar sit on it...unless it wont bolt down.
If i bent it down yes it would go on but with the money i spent thats not an idea to just let the bar get scratched up.

SucKit said:
If those vaccuum ports can be removed and taken off, you might be able to put some 90 degree elbow in there and connect the hoses to that. Should give you enough clearance for it. Or take it off and cap it? You probably dont need those hoses anyways.
The ports are part of the plunem.

·
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not enough threads as it is. And wouldn't that defeet the strut bars strength??????

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
nut180sx said:
not enough threads as it is. And wouldn't that defeet the strut bars strength??????
well the strut bar doesnt really do a whole lot as it is. there was a thread about how much the body actually flexes. but i guess it would put more stress on the bolts, im not sure...maybe try and see if you can trade for a highport one...

how close is it?? from the pics looks like you can put a few washers and be okay as long as there is enough threads left on the bolts.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
yea i agree that just putting washers underneath the bar would really defeat the purpose of the bar. welding or bust.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Those brass ports can be taken off dude. They arent cast with the manifold. It might be really hard to take them off tho but its not one piece. Either way, the Carbing bar made my suspension work much better and quieted down. Not sure on flex but definitely a major improvement, get it on some way.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
someone mentioned before that the carbing wont fit on a 99 just recently

·
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes the steel bar is white the one in the pic is cut up ebay maxima bar like i posted in the first post. Might end up going Cusco after all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts