Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didnt know where else to post this but i was hoping to get some answwers as to how i can open some of the files from phatg20.net. i downloaded the SR20DE ROM and it came in a .bin file format. i converted it to a .iso file type and tried making a bootable disk to run it tried mounting my own drive to save the file in, like a virtual cd-rom. ive been searching the net for about 5 hours now and all ive found is dead ends. then i thought... maybe someone on here uses the file im trying to download and can tell me how they got it to work. so any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sure what file you are talking about because I haven't downloaded it, but when you dl'd the *.bin file, did you also get a *.cue file? From what I know, bin/cue files go together, and in order to burn or mount the bin file (which is an image file), the burning/mounting program will be looking for the *.cue file.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope no .cue file should i try to dnld it again and see if it comes with one this time? i used a program that said it didnt need the cue file to convert the .bin file to an .iso file so i figured it would work but it didnt and ive been trying to do this forever!!! thanks for any help

the last file on this page
SR20DE auto rom
thatsa what i was trying to dnld. :depressed

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Okay, those are ECU reflash ROMs. Is that what you're trying to get? Or do you want the FSM?

The ROMs will be that format -- you have to hook the ECU up to your computer somehow to reflash.

·
Registered
242 Posts
yeah these are roms that work with live edit, you hook your computer up to your ecu and reflash it, its only for people that have modified engines or people that know what this is all about, look online and try to learn about reflashing your ecu and stuff there are forums setup just for this stuff, i'd get an ecu off ebay or something to play around with it, you'll also need cables and stuff, there should be a howto on the net somewhere.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
oh thats what those things are... i didnt know what they were but i wanted to find out and then i couldnt even view the files!!! lol. but yeah every time i try to download the FSM for my 92 g20 it doesnt give me the whole thing. its a 12 mb file and the most ive ever gotten is 6 mb. so any help there would be great also.

i did download a free download manager to see if that would help but it didnt. still getting partial downloads :(

David i couldnt help but notice that you also have a 92 G, do you have the fsm for it on your computer that you could possibly send to me?

Chris

Edit: if I dnld the fsm for the 94 G20 it should be the same right?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
nope one is a lowport then the other is a highport engine.... I have it, send me your email I'll send you the FSM I have it cause no one has the FSM for a 93 around

I'll also send you the RAR program so you can view the files....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts