Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 G20t and i want to know if you guys can recomend me some good H.I.D.'s and FOG lights too for my car. here is the problem.
i bought two sets of Fog lights and one set of H.I.D.'s from Ebay. 8,500K
but they stoped working in just a few months. the last set of fog light bulbs last me only a few days before one was out :depressed :mad:
not sure if i want to go Ebay or same brand. the HID's are from Euro DeZigns.
i was told that they are too bright so that's why they go out so soon.

can you guy let me know witch ones are going to be good and look clear white or just a good bright color that will last me A LOT longer that the other ones???
don't want to go for the same brand since they might burn again in just days.

Thanks guys!

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were do i buy Halogens from? did a search on a G20 but i found nothing :(

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh. for a sec i tought there were something else.
but what about a bulb that will look clear and white? don't really like the yellow tint the stock ones produce...

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
I'm a fan of my Silverstars, they aren't HID, but they look way better then stock, and add quite a bit of light too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
+3 for Osram Silverstars.

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk

It looks like Powerbulbs started selling some sort of in-house brand -- looks to be 2-for-1, not sure how they compare with the Silverstars.

Re: your old bulbs, 8300k isn't all that great.

True HID's are 4100k (a measure of color, not brightness) because that's closest to the color of daylight. 8300k is closer to dusk, which is harder on the eyes when driving.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
+4 for Silverstars...i know they came out with a new line thats supposed to be even better...saw an ad, havent actually tried them but why not try it out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
uhm... the EuroDezigns bulbs that you had are NOT HID!!! I've got those! They are cheapass chinese halogen! Stick with Silverstars!

·
Registered
139 Posts
+5 for Silverstars. Output is way brighter than stock, and they even look great. Here are some pics of mine so you can see how they look.

( Note : I have 20 buck Murray's foglights on so the light output shot isn't 100% headlamps only, but before I installed my fogs the Silverstars were still very bright.

( Another note: I have the ricey blue 194's where the stock yellow parking lights would be, they may or may not contribute to my headlight's color, I do not know for certain :( )

·
Registered
233 Posts
rmyc said:
lumincs out put.. was fine to mee.. the lit up really well.. almost better than stock
"Almost better than stock" isn't really a very good thing. :confused:

It implies that it's either stock, or not as good as stock.

Again, Osram Silverstars for the P11. (No one outside the US really uses 9004 bulbs, so Osram of Europe doesn't make 'em in that size.)

·
Registered
179 Posts
vi3tdragun4o5 said:
+2 for Silverstar Ultras, pretty bright. i like them. illuminics are next. haha.

_mikey

When my friend was working at Autozone we wanted to see what the difference was between the Silverstars and the Silverstar Ultras. So we took a set of each out and installed 1 of each in the managers 2004 Ram. And the verdict was..... the price. :baffled:

The light output was identical.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts