Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where can I get a camber kit for a 93.5 G20. Also is it normal for the CV boots to tear appart at 82k miles? both at the same time ? Can the articulation of my lowered suspension tear the boot? I have B+G springs with KYB gr-2's, only about 1.5 inches lower. Also what do you guys think of the camber adjusters below? How do they work? is there welding involved ?

http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/3541PR.htm

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
PDX-G20 said:
where can I get a camber kit for a 93.5 G20.
The only place I've seen with one is a place in New Zealand.

http://www.prestigeautomotive.co.nz/

I couldn't find them quickly, but they are the only place in the world that I've seen a front camber kit for the P10/P11. Nice folks who know the Primera.

PDX-G20 said:
Also is it normal for the CV boots to tear appart at 82k miles? both at the same time ? Can the articulation of my lowered suspension tear the boot? I have B+G springs with KYB gr-2's, only about 1.5 inches lower.
That could do it, but I would be suprised if 1.5" drop would. My car has been on that drop for over a year with no problems and many other folks have been OK with that. Strange. Probably related somehow though.

PDX-G20 said:
Also what do you guys think of the camber adjusters below? How do they work? is there welding involved ?
They are "crash bolts" that only work with struts. Therefore, they would only work at the back of the P10 and wouldn't work anywhere on a P11. We do not have struts in front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I posted the bolts becuase I'm still having my tire rub on the lower spring seat of the rear strut. Do you think this is a good solution ? I do have a guy at stillen who can get front controll arms that are adjustable, made in Japan I believe for the P10. The price is hefty at $380 that he quoted me but may be negotiable, especially with a group deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,409 Posts
PDX-G20 said:
Actually I posted the bolts becuase I'm still having my tire rub on the lower spring seat of the rear strut. Do you think this is a good solution ? I do have a guy at stillen who can get front controll arms that are adjustable, made in Japan I believe for the P10. The price is hefty at $380 that he quoted me but may be negotiable, especially with a group deal.
I would personally be very weary of this offer. The link that Geo provided is the only one i know of who makes these parts. Stillen is probably trying to sell you their 300zx parts which are very similar, yet different enough to where they wouldn't work for a G20.
Also, if your tire is rubbing on the strut I would be inclined to say it's either too large of a tire or a bent suspension piece. The tire/wheel shouldn't move in relation to the rear strut with a change in camber. Changing the camber should move everything equally, as they are all connected together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Upper controll Arm from Stillen is actually I believe from JIC, and after checking it is for a G20. As far as my rear camber goes, in a strut situation, it will effect the rubing. My wheels are 17x7 with 40mm offset and tires are 205/40/17's. There is no way this combo shoul rub, and the syspension is not bent since I just put the GR-2's in and checked yesterday for any abnormalities. This is a really puzzling situation since no one on here seems to have much of this problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
simple rubbing solution: 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch spacers and roll the rear fenders. Thats what I got to get my 17x7.5" wheels w/ 215/40/17's to ride perfectly.

As for changing the front contol arms to aftermarket ones. How does this affect the suspension??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The front controll arms would be adjustable so your wheels would be correctly cambered and most likely stick out more since it pushes the top of your wheel outwards.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top