Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every one, need your advise.

I currently own a 1999 Red Primera bought in Guatemala with 45,000 km on it. I live in Costa Rica under a student visa and I just finished my studies. With no student visa its time for me to pay taxes on my car ($ 4,000) thing is driving down by the car dealers I came across a 2000 Silver Primera with only 14,000 kms on it! My sister (still in Guatemala) will give me $12,000 cash for my car, plus the $ 4,000 I have saved up I have $ 16,000 to spend.

The dilemma starts here.

1 I love Nissan
2 The 2000 Silver Primera = $ 18,000, 145hp, 2.0lt, 14,000km
3 Nissan Almera = $ 19,000, 117 hp 1.8lt, Brand New (not to shure on the hp)

I know lots about the P11 on mods and fixing it up, but I know nothing about the Almera and honestly with the few mods I’ve done to my car I really love kicking ass on the street, and yes I have beet plenty of Almeras. And do it in style!

So can the Almera be beefed up to beet a P11? Don’t get me wrong, the Primera is a whole different car in itself but NEW vrs OLD . . . Don’t know

Please Advise

Oh did I mention I love Nissan specially the SR20DE!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the Almera is significantly smaller than a Primera, so you've got lots of weight problems solved there. But you say you smoke lots of Almeras all the time, so if speed is your draw, why not stick to what you know? Of course I'll be biased, but I'd take the Primera any day. It's cheaper and since you're familiar with its abilities, you've got more to work with. It's really up to you, but either way, I think you'd be getting a worthy car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh did I mention I love Nissan specially the SR20DE!
That pretty much answers your question for you. Primera with an sr20, or the almera with the 1.8 (CA18DE?)

·
Registered
129 Posts
hands down...

Go 4 the Primera hands down!!!! Though it really depends what kind of car u want, they r of two different kinds - apples or oranges, hehehe!

As 4 the Maxima SE, I almost took that route, I wanted the power of the Maxima, the 3.0 litre engine AND v6 - if only it would come in the G......then the G would have the SHOW and GO it so deserves!!!

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Gimme $15,999 so I can buy me a P11 and two DET's and you can have a buck and buy a lottery ticket?:-\

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Gimme $15,999 so I can buy me a P11 and two DET's and you can have a buck and buy a lottery ticket?"

. . . Ha Ha, and leve me on foot?

Sorry need the wheels!

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
sell the primera for 12 then buy a 1000 dollar car spend a thousand on a shopping spree then invest 5000 and sit on the other five thousand + plus your 4 saved up ,while you watch your money grow then you will have time to do some studies into what car you really want..
casual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts