Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple months, my P11's rear window switch gets stuck into position if someone presses it down. I usually togggle the switch around until the window goes back up and it's fine.

Last night, the window went down and wouldn't go back up no matter what. I happened to have a new switch handy, so I swapped it out, but apparently that did absolutely nothing.

All the other windows work fine, so it's not a fuse or anything. I took off the panel to try and check connections or whatever, but everything seems to be in place. No weird noises...actually no noises at all. Do I need a new motor here? I'd rather not take it somewhere, but I want to be sure I'm replacing the needed parts. Not to mention it's rainy season here in FL:*(.

Any thoughts will be appreciated....thanks.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
emergency bump...

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50% chance of rain bump...

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
......got a multimeter??? test the lines coming from the line before the motor, then test after the motor.......motor makes no noise?? it may be dead

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
......got a multimeter??? test the lines coming from the line before the motor, then test after the motor.......motor makes no noise?? it may be dead
I can maybe borrow one, thanks.

solder connections on the regulator boards
That's unfamiliar territory (regulator boards that is). Is that part of the CPU?

·
Registered
493 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread but did you ever find the problem? Im having the same problem on the rear passenger window. It wants to stay in the down position and is very difficult to get closed using either the master switch or the rear passenger door switch.

i have to hit the buttons numerous times to get the window to close. I have to make sure nobody opens it again.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry to bump an old thread but did you ever find the problem? Im having the same problem on the rear passenger window. It wants to stay in the down position and is very difficult to get closed using either the master switch or the rear passenger door switch.

i have to hit the buttons numerous times to get the window to close. I have to make sure nobody opens it again.

It was the motor. I picked up a used one and swapped it out. Works like a charm now.

Here's how I did it.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91392

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
wow thats a long time to have the window not working.
the power window diagnostics are very basic. more so on the p11

glad you are all fixed up and wish i could have saw this to help sooner

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow thats a long time to have the window not working.
the power window diagnostics are very basic. more so on the p11

glad you are all fixed up and wish i could have saw this to help sooner

I've had the motor for damn near 8 or 9 months. It's just that I have kids and haven't been able to get around to it for a long time. I just left the window up so it wasn't a big deal, just couldn't roll it down.

yeah it was a pretty simple fix, I'm just lazy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts