Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was driving today and my subs were kicking great and all the sudden they kind of faded out and stopped working so i figured a wire came loose or something.. so i opened the trunk unplugged and pluged back in everything and now the only thing that happens is the second i start the car they work for like a split second and then stop again. im not that good at car audio can anyone please help me figure this out?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes and its on

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Hmmm, not positive but I would bet it's something to do with the amp.
I'm no expert, can only do and install the basic stuff but obviously the HU is sending the signal, the subs are moving so the only thing in between is the amp. Have a spare amp around or a buddy with one? Swap amps and see if it clears up, if so add it to your Christmas list. :smile: D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could it be a fuse or something?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
amps blown. most amps have a red and green light or something of the sort. if its blown it will turn on momentarily, and then go to red and shut off :/
bad times

·
Registered
430 Posts
sounds to me like a low ohm or bad ground check the power wires and the speaker wires for and breaks if they short the amp wil shut off to protect itself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no the sub dosnt hit at all after it turns on. but when you first start the car you definately hear the sub and then it kicks off

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so annoying

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
If you got any good friends who'll let you put in their amp to see if your system works that will probably be the easiest thing to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts