Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"the government"
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started throwing a code for Random Cyl Misfire, so I'm in the process of getting it fixed. Here's what's up:

Car runs fine when driving, idles ok in nuetral, but is really rough in Drive or Park. Idle seems better after the car is warmed up. I think the difference between drive and nuetral is that the rpm's drop to around 500 in drive instead of 1k in nuetral

After pulling the spark plugs to test some things, 2 plugs had oil in the threads, and dripping from the electrode.

I bought the full valve cover gasket set and plan on throwing that on there, but is there anything else to check while I have the valve cover off? I don't want to keep pulling off the valve cover and mess with the seal.

Everyone else that has had this problem looks towards injectors, but with the oil in the cyl that's what I'm leaning towards.

·
Lord Crodz
7,233 Posts
have you changed your oil recently? You may have way over filled it which could cause leaks... not tooo likely though

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mine misfires as well and have oil in the same spot. I just got my cover gasket I hope that fixes everything. I did lot of mods at the same time so I makes it hard to narrow it down. What mods have u done lately???

·
"the government"
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you changed your oil recently? You may have way over filled it which could cause leaks... not tooo likely though
I've had it changed since it started.

Mine misfires as well and have oil in the same spot. I just got my cover gasket I hope that fixes everything. I did lot of mods at the same time so I makes it hard to narrow it down. What mods have u done lately???
Cams.

·
"the government"
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's funny. I just dropped in s3 but I've never heard any1 have issues. I was leaning towards my Outlaw Spacers
I put in s3's too. I'm about 90% sure it's the gasket, just wondering if there was anything else to look for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts