Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a '94 G20 for sale in Green Bay, WI. It is at a dealer. The car has 140,000 miles on it and they are asking around $4000, which seems reasonable. The person I talked to said the car had every option and was perfect. He also claimed it had VLSD, but my research says that it probably doesn't. I have a couple of questions for you all:

1) Is it possible the car has VLSD?
2) I know the SR20 can last a long time, but is it worth it to buy one with 140,000 miles?
3) Since I'm in Chicago, is there someone in the Green Bay area that can look at the car for me to see if it is what the dealer says it is?

My NX has 135K miles on it and I want to upgrade to something nicer. I was hoping to find something with less miles, but $4000 sounds like a good deal if this car really is as good as the dealer says.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
1) Is it possible the car has VLSD?
By VLSD, I'm assuming you mean VISCOUS limited-slip? If I'm not mistaken, most LSDs are viscous (helical LSDs are more expensive and the front-wheel drivers I've really seen them on are the new Civic Type R and I think the new SE-R mgith have it too) I think it'd be safe to say the LSD is only found on G20t touring models, and if it's there, it's probably viscous, yeah.

2) I know the SR20 can last a long time, but is it worth it to buy one with 140,000 miles?

This really depends on its maintenance and what you plan to do. If you plan on mods, then stay far away, or plan on doing a swap. It also depends on how you drive, or how hard you plan on flogging the engine. I bought my 92 G20 with a 112K mile engine, but it spun out it's connecting rods within a month, the way I was driving it. Good thing the car came cheap ($2200) so I had money saved up to do a swap.

3) Since I'm in Chicago, is there someone in the Green Bay area that can look at the car for me to see if it is what the dealer says it is?

If I was there, I'd do it for you. Pay for my plane ticket and I'll be there within a week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts