Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a 2000 infiniti g20 from a private owner, the only thing is that when I test drove it: It turned funny, you can tell there was something wrong with the front wheels. I'm aslo woundering if there is anything wrong with the transmission can't tell, would like to know some symptums on how to tell if there is something wrong with the transmission or the axle? Please help me out as much and a.s.a.p....Thanks...you can email me too. [email protected] P.S. also woundering about warranty. Theres still a warranty on it but don't know what it will or won't cover and what will viod what the warranty will cover.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Unless you're getting a real steal on the car, pass and get another. There are plenty of G20's out there and the 2002 models are being sold for under $22K. Either take the car to a good suspension shop and have them check it out or don't buy the car. With the number of high-quality used vehicles available today, there's no reason to buy a sub-par car unless you're getting a really good deal *after* paying to repair everything that's wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You Tell Me!!!

I'm Getting it for $8k, but like I said those are the problems with it as far as my eyes can see. What do you think!!! How much would you put into it?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "turns funny". There may be something wrong w/ the axles?

As suggested, I would ask the owner if you can have a mechanic inspect it. Have them drive it too, they will tell you if something is wrong. Make sure you pick the mechanic, not the seller.

If he/she wont comply, you should really pass it up.

In my opinion... $8,000 for a 2000 G20?, something is wrong. I wouldnt sell mine for less than $15,000.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
b-b00gie said:
In my opinion... $8,000 for a 2000 G20?, something is wrong. I wouldnt sell mine for less than $15,000.
Something is way wrong. Even if it had high mileage! Run away and don't look back!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
NismoPC said:

Something is way wrong. Even if it had high mileage! Run away and don't look back!
Yes RUN away! This guy is trying to jip you with the car. Are you sure it is really an Infiniti and not some cheap car that has an 'Infiniti' symbol on it? Lol just kidding...nothing comes close to our cars :cool: :bandit:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
thelastvision said:
I'm aslo woundering if there is anything wrong with the transmission can't tell, would like to know some symptums on how to tell if there is something wrong with the transmission or the axle?
I'd love to help you, but you see, it usually works the other way. You should be giving symptoms and we can try to analyze them.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: You Tell Me!!!

thelastvision said:
I'm Getting it for $8k, but like I said those are the problems with it as far as my eyes can see. What do you think!!! How much would you put into it?
:confused: $8k?!?:confused: Bro, that's a scam if there ever was one! Did you at least go to Carfax.com to check the car's history? If the guy says he's the owner, then ask him what's been done to the car and see if you can compare it with the Carfax Report. Also, see if you can get the VIN and call either the local dealership or the toll free Infiniti hotline to get a repair history on the car. Remember the old saying:You get what you pay for!:bandit:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Ummm is that $8000 clean?

or is it $8000 + the remaining balance on the car?
check to see if the car has a lein on it. Sounds too good to be true.

Just make sure the car has been paid for. Take it to Nissan and have them inspect it. If can buy a 2000'G' for $8gz spend the $200 and have them do an anal inspection. I cant even get a 96 G in Canada for $8000 USD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok, this is the deal!!! 04/05/02

What up!!! I should have it by Monday. "Depending" The car has a rebuilt title, the engine was rebuilt. Some people say that rebuilt engines are as good as or better than new ones, what do you think? I've reed about it online and my brother-in-law has the same opinion. Like I said thow, I test drove it and as far as my brother and I seen, the only problem was the axles and tires. The seller also said that the transmission (senser) needed to be replaced. I will be getting a mechanic to give me a second opinion on it, he's going to school for it too. The seller said they bought it from an auction, I got a Carfax Report, it has been in an accident (front impact) with tree/shrubbery, no lein on it, ect... What I'm really looking to get feedback on is, "What is the most you would put into the car"? Let me know!!! I'll let you know how it went Tuesday...Peace!!!

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Fisrt, take it to a body shop before you take it to a mechanic to make sure that the frame is assembled properly cause that would seruously mess you up in the long run and short term aswell.
Second take it to a mechanic and have him do a thorough look over. I honestly dont like the dealerships but this is only a year old car if you think about it. If there is anything wrong with the car thy would know better than anyone else.

My only concern is that there is some serious ass damadge done to that car.

In my life I have never heard of a 2000 Infiniti being rebuilt in less than 6years let alone one!
How many kilometres/miles on it?

If it was in an accident dont u think they would swap in a new engine rather than rebuilding it?:dead: IF the car was in an accident that cause the engine to be rebuiltdont u think that then engine would have been damaged? The damage cause in a collsion that I am thinkin of could not be repaired by a rebuild????

Think about that one, thats my food for thought.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why dont you just take it to a shop and get an inspection...
but it sounds to me like a lemon...
sorry..

·
Registered
65 Posts
For thelastvision

The price is too good to be true. If I were you, buy another g20. Buying this car and trying to fix the problem will be just big hassle and headache.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: Ok, this is the deal!!! 04/05/02

dude, don't rush into it. that's the first mistake you can make when buying a used car and ending up with a piece of crap. 8k sounds way too low, especially for a 2000. something major happened to that baby and i'm not sure you wanna deal with all the problems that may come with it. AND, what's a 2000 g doing with a rebuilt motor??? who was driving that thing!!!! i agree with GTA G20...take it to the body shop to make sure the frame isn't bent. i just don't like the sound of this...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I got a Carfax Report, it has been in an accident (front impact) with tree/shrubbery

That's why the car needed a (rebuilt engine), and thats the main reasons why I think the car is $8k.
Besides the work that needs to be done as far as I know: (axles) , (tires), (transmission sensor), and it has (no air bags) since it's been in an accident witch I'm not stressing cause I hardly wear my seat belt, and it's a (2000 Infiniti g20) with a rebuilt engine. If it was say, a 93' infiniti with a rebuilt engine, the price would go up in value, but it was a brand new car that was in an accident (front impact) with tree/shrubbery, now it has all the above. So I'm guessing the price will go down.?.

So you tell me!?! "I'm not deffending the seller" I'm just letting you all know so I can get opinions on how much you think I'll would be spending if I buy it/how much you would put into it yourself?

The car still has WARRANTIES: From 08/10/2000 4-year/60,000-mile basic coverage and 6-year/70,000-mile Limited Powertrain Coverage, I'm would like to know what are the viods of these warranties and what they will cover in this scenario. So those of you who have a (2000 Infiniti g20) "PLEASE" let me know!!! I'm not rushing into anything, it's been three weeks since I look at the car. The seller went on vacation.

? Will a body shop check out the car for free? Do you think I can get a Body Shop technicians to come take a look at the car? Will he be able to tell me right there if it has any problems with the rebuild? There is alot of things I need to do once the seller gets back. I'll take care of it thow, TRUST ME!!! I appreciate any and all feedback...PEACE!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
i'm glad you're not rushing into it. i know 8k sounds great, but it is probably worth it for you to spend some money on a body shop so they can check the frame. if you have a bent frame you might never be able to align the wheels properly causing uneven tire wear. a bent frame isn't something you can fix i think it also depends how long are you willing to be car-less when you're having all these things repaired on the car cuz car problems are easier to handle when you got another car to drive in the mean while. good luck:crosseyed

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Hey man with all that engine work you can kiss those warenties goodbye. Infiniti is really strict with warrenties and they arvoided on engines with intakes and such, they are definatly not gonna keep the warrenty on that rebulit engine, unless ofcourse they rebulit it, and somehow im not so sure they did. That 4 year 60,000 might be voided 2 due to the major frontal collision wich cuased that extensive engine work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't get it!!! I backed out!!!

The seller came back today.

Reason for backing out: Accident Reported Involving a front impact with a tree/shrubbery, (of corse), plus SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED REBUILT TITLE ISSUED. Besides all that for the time the seller was on vacation I hade time to do more reseach, look at other/better deals, and I just needed to be patient and see if this is the car that I really wanted. So I'm going to wait and see what else will come up... ect... ect...

I really didn't want to take on someone else's problems!!!...

YOU KNOW!!!

"LISTEN" THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO GAVE ME FEEDBACK ON MY SITUATION, IT HELPED A GREAT DEAL, YOU GAVE ME MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT THAN I COULD CONSUME... AND WHO KNOWS MAYBE I'LL RUN INTO ANOTHER "G20"...AND BECOME A PART OF THE CLIK AGAIN...ANYWAY...STAY PEACE..."THELASTVISION"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts