Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am using a laptop as my carputer for the time beign.......now i have a shitty clarion HU with no aux in......im wondering how to get sound over to the speakres.....im using the factory amp to power the speakers now threw the schores (spelling?) tihng...now after looking over @ mp3carforum...im gonna get a 1/8 jack to plug into the speakers output on the laptop, now i can i get sound??? can i take a set of headfones & cut the wire up & then connect it to the speakers threw the inverter box??? will this give me sound on all the spekaers???
ps i need this info fast so i can have the car ready for the NJ meet tomoore

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
I don't have any experience with the factory amps, so I dunno how it works. I got a HU with Aux-in to sort it :)

How about a FM modulator from walmart or best buy or somewhere ??

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
FM modulators don't work that well at all... Unless you buy a really expensive one. Hey mark, they got walmarts in the UK now?!

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
The in-line ones are better than the ones that need to transmit over the air, but they aren't really good....But will work until he can get a HU with line-in or suss out the wiring to use the stock amps.

No we don't have Walmart, we do have Asda which is owned by Walmart. http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=380

There are 22 stores though that have Walmart on the sign. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1765748.stm

I just mention US stores and use US terminology on here...trunk-boot, hood-bonnet etc ;)

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
eric will be at the meet tomarrow im sure he would like to help as he does carputors. If you guys run into truble im farely good at wireing.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
markbuts3 said:
No we don't have Walmart,
Somone should shoot the Americans ;)

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
allready shoot people. But yes going into wall mart makes you abit mad at the american poeple you see in their. I get sick seeing theese duble wide cows travleing at _2 mph with packed carts and big ass bull frog necks

·
Registered
455 Posts
blah...i live in NY and i have a solution for you....problem is getting it to you. Yeah, its equipment that needs to be shipped and is decently expensive...sorry.

You could always borrow a hu with the aux in. I had one for sale forever....

Erik will get your rolling though (he's a great guy). probably not the same day, but e'll tell yu waht to get. See, here' ths thing- you need to either have a line driver or an amp ahead of the speakers in order to hear anything if you're going directly laptop to speakers. if you're going through the HU, you might as well settle for a crappy FM modulator becaue you'll never get the sound you want out of that system wihtout going through a preamp first. Your'e kinda stck and i kinda don't have a car and i'm nto in the bronx, or else i'd tell erik to stop by Riverdale and pick up a few things for you.

And yu can ask Erik- i got some serious hotness jsut lying around if you know how to use it;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts