Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 00 g20.....yes its the RR.....i dont wanna go turbo due to i have an auto & i dont want to be replacing the trans like every 3 months....right now i have a cai, headers, full exzaust & will be soon the owenr of some s3r's....but the main thing i have a problem with is the super slow accelertaion....(coming from a complete stop)...i know that the g is heavy as hell....& i have been reading into the sr16 pistons.... but im not in anyway shape or form a mechanic....is this all i have left to do??????there isnt anything to make this thing faster off the line???? also i dont want a nitrous system,......any oinput would be great

·
Registered
5,266 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I can't find the threads, but S5 cams can go to 200 whp. Maybe the c cams as well. But they are expensive and you would need an upgraded valve train along with all bolt-ons.

The few dynos there are show that the S5s increase torque by a good amount from the low end all the way above 8k. If only I could afford them or could install them.
________
Trichomes

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You can only run S3R's in a roller rocker motor.

Honestly, if you're looking to do internal work to the engine (more than just cams), I'd save the money and do a 5-spd swap instead. That will make the car feel faster than swapping in high compression pistons, etc...

·
#1 cop hater
5,318 Posts
JustinP10 said:
You can only run S3R's in a roller rocker motor.

Honestly, if you're looking to do internal work to the engine (more than just cams), I'd save the money and do a 5-spd swap instead. That will make the car feel faster than swapping in high compression pistons, etc...
+1
autos dont launch!
not old ones anyway
the m5 does :teeth:

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just figured it was heavy due to the slow exceleration.......i mean i got killed off the line by my buddys girls neon......anyway....that just made me think that it was heavy, i know the engine can mmove a sentra quick but our car is alot bigger.....yeh i read all the stuff on the sr20 forum.....im not really trying to go that route....this is my daily driver.....anything i would do would be on a weekend & have to be finished before the start of the next week....so pulling motor & getting it ported & honeed is out of the "?"..............i want to do the 5 spd swap but i dont have like $2000 grand to throw away & i heard its a huge pain....also i think koojo was haviung aa hella of a time sourcing all the parts.....& i drive 100-150 miles a day for work in the city mostly & im trying to call customers & other things & i really dont have a free hand to shift.....so thats out of the "?" untill i get a new job & im not lookin yet so.....yeah

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
If Nissan/Infiniti had any sense back when they released the 99 P11, they would have offered the VE in the US. :-\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts