Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sort of sounds like a rattle, almost like when you get something like a penny in a vacuum, kinda scratchy, it isn't a squeel though, hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
k0walski said:
It sort of sounds like a rattle, almost like when you get something like a penny in a vacuum, kinda scratchy, it isn't a squeel though, hope that helps.
:-\ Ummm...
Could you tell us a little more info please?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Re: Re: help

MR. RYTE said:

:-\ Ummm...
Could you tell us a little more info please?
I agree that your description helps us NOTTA

·
Registered
529 Posts
It seems like K0walski has the same sound that I do. It doesn't happen all the time when starting the car. It last less than 5 seconds when it does happen. It is a rattling noise that I hear coming from the engine bay. It as if there is something vibrating when the engine starts up. I was thinking it was due to the bad engine mounts on my car. The noise kind of starts loud then gradually quiets down.

k0walski, if this isn't the noise then please explain.

If anybody has another theory as to the noise from my engine, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Well, even though thus may be too soon to answer due to the lack of info, let's just say for starters it might be the timing chain rattling when you start the G. Nothing too serious. Just a minor issue.;)
But like I said, we'll need some more info before we can safely say what it is.:x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that's the same sound I'm experiencing, sorry about the goofy post, it was meant to be a reply to my previous post, but that's drunkness for you...

·
Registered
529 Posts
So, if it's the timing chain rattling, what is the cause? How quickly must it be fixed? What damaged is there if not fixed? I am doing major damage to the engine by not fixing this? What do I need to do to fix/ get rid of the noise?

Thank you for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts