Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something is wrong with my car. i've had an egr valve put my car in june and its been fine but the car will still stall when its not warmed up. but two days ago its been stalling alot, and it revs very very slowly like i've lost 50 hp it will take forever for me to get up to any speed. Does anyone know whats wrong. any help appreciated.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'd bet my money on you needing a good carbon/injector flush and TB/intake cleaning along with adjusting your base idle. We have loads of older P10's come into the dealer with your problem and 9 times out of 10 our flush service takes care of it. G's get alot of buildup on the throttle plate and in the injectors that cause this problem. Other than that, I would say to check your battery and possibly fuel pump.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is it okay for me to keep driving it. and will it have any long term effects on my car if i do? also should i take it to the dealer or should i have someone to do it cheaper

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well, I wouldn't drive it like this for long, mostly for safety sakes. I'm not saying the flush service is a cure-all, cause if you have a bad fuel pump, bad plugs/wires or a weak battery or something else causing the problem the flush service isn't gonna help much. You may wanna take it to the dealer and have them diagnos it before you pay for the service. Good luck.

·
Registered
429 Posts
our flush service takes care of it
What exactly is this service?

I was thinking about throwing a few hundred bucks at a good Tune-Up here soon.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It's a cleaning of throttle plate, throttle body and intake mani (as much as you can clean w/o removing it) and a direct flush of the injectors and fuel rail with a hi-strength detergent...seems to work wonders on the G's.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Our flush kit is made by 3M...with all the adapters, fittings, etc. Basically it's a can of detergent and you releive the fuel pressure, dis-connect the feed line into the fuel rail and hook up the can to the rail and start the car, it runs for about 20-30 minutes purely on the stuff in the can and stalls out when empty. To do the flush you need a pressure regulator for the can, screw on fitting and hose from the can to the fuel rail. You can try auto parts store for a DIY'er kit, not sure if you can buy this though. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts