Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a preowned p11 and I when I first got it The check engine and airbag light were on. (due to a side impact before I purchased it) Everything was checked out and there are no problems in that area. The problem is, I need to get a car inspection and I was told the car would not pass with these lights on, especially the check engine lights. Where do I go, and what can i do to get these lights turned off. Also If anyone knows any of the codes for the lights and removal that would be great. I dont know what to do, and im far from handy when it comes to vehicles. Thanks in Advance for your help.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Go to autozone or checker and they'll plug in the diagnostic thingy that will give you codes and they can also reset the check engine light. Not sure about the airbag?

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
It will definitely not pass the inspection. The obd2 inspection is a visual and computer inspection and you will fail with either light on. The airbag light may not go away specially if the bags have not been replaced. Go to autozone and pull the codes. Have them do a reset and see if it goes away. I'm sure there is more to it since the car was hit prior.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
the airbag light can only be turned off by the dealer, the check engine light, like everyone else says, can be cleared by autozone or anyone with an OBD II reader. However, since the check engine is indicating a problem it's likely that the check engine light will come back until you fix whatever it's complaining about

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
also to add myproblems..... my exhaust is f'up and is loud and obnoxious do you think this will affect the inspection.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
fystie said:
also to add myproblems..... my exhaust is f'up and is loud and obnoxious do you think this will affect the inspection.
Its up to the place. I suggest you get a $100 together and go over to some of those shops in Jamaica or 21st Street and just pay for the inspection. Then you have a year to fix all your problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts