Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked everywhere for there site, but no luck yet. I know infintit makes R-Spec racin parts cus i saw an I-30 with all these Rspec parts. Nismo hasnt been sold in thge US, it just came, along with it came Rspec parts. I know this because ive read it many times, and the head of nissan said it:

,The name NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports - a fitting name since NISMO parts will offer cutting-edge performance," said Connelly.

NISMO branded parts will cover three areas - NISMO Performance Parts, designed for Nissan vehicles; Infiniti R-Spec performance parts designed for Infiniti vehicles; and NISMO racing parts designed for off-road/race-track use. NISMO also will offer performance parts for current and previous model Nissan and Infiniti vehicles, including the Sentra SE-R and the forthcoming Infiniti G35 and Nissan 350Z.

told ya so^^^

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
RspecQ45 said:
Nismo hasnt been sold in thge US, it just came,
I have to disagree with you there. Nismo parts were sold in the US back in the 60's and 70's I believe before they pulled the name.

Also, I have in front of me a catalog that I received from a Nissan dealership for the US. It is dated 1996. The year when I picked it up from a dealer out in California and it is titled Nissan Motorsports. The catalog is 128 pages long and has racing and performance parts for the 240Z up to the 300ZX, the 200SX, Sentra, Pulsar, NX, the 510 to 710, as well as hard body trucks and others.

Nissan did sell these parts here, but did not tag them as 'NISMO' as early back as 1996 if not more recent. Most dealers did not offer the Nissan Motorsports parts, but some did.

RspecQ45 said:
told ya so^^^
Well, the quoted piece you provided is not much to go by since it is posted on every website across the US that deals with Nissan/Infiniti. I need to see actual R-spec stuff. And the pictures provided by Nissan/Infiniti are always of a Altima or Sentra with Nismo Parts.

What I would love to see is a G20 (p10 or p11), a G35, or a Q45 all packaged up in R-spec parts. Then I will see the light. Then and only then will I be a believer!!!!!!
=)

Sorry, that's just how I see it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts