Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got a 94 auto G20 that hesitates real bad between idle to 4000 RPM all the time. Sometimes the hesitation can be completely gone, the hesitation is at its worst when the car is cold and ac on, what do you guys think is the problem?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm not quite sure if I understand. You are saying that your car is basically idleing at 4K rpm's? Also, did your car idle fine before or has is always been doing this? if the answer is yes to both these questions, then have you tried adjusting the idle?

·
Registered
562 Posts
tmak26b said:
hesitates real bad between idle to 4000 RPM all the time. Sometimes the hesitation can be completely gone, the hesitation is at its worst when the car is cold and ac on
I have the exact problem but mine hesitates at idle to about 2500 to 3000 RPM's.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It idles fine, it just when i go up the RPM, it hesitates. but sometimes it happens, soemtimes it goes away completely

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just posted this same text oin another thread seems Glowmunkey and jmgladden have lso been having this problem

This is what I wrote:

I have alo been having problems with my Primera when it is cold. In the morning when I pull out of the driveway and rev up to 1,800 to 3,000 the car tends to loos power, I have to rev it up a few times to get it to pick up again. I found out that turning the heater up helps fix this problem (not nice in tropical weather)

I was first told to check the AAIS (alternate air intake system) wich tends to get full of carbon, cleened that and the problem went away for about a week. Seems the ECU is relearning the problem.

I later had the entire MAF cleaned, all sensores checked and cleaned, fuel injectores cleaned and yet again for another week all went well it even puled harder (injectors were cloged) but now its doing it again.

So in my understanding the problem is not carbon build up nor is it a bad conection/valve/ or injector it has something to do with a temperature sensor.

Which one I dont know (need help here) also at WOT the problem disappears.

The tecs At nissan cant find the problem as they reset the ECU and it goes away for a week but then it comes back

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

Pleas shed some light!

Thanks

G

·
el capitán Nismo
2,245 Posts
Sounds like the classic EGR problem. I'm 90% positive this is the problem. I (along with many others) have experienced this. You can try to clean it or replacing it. Taking the tube off the EGR and plugging the hose and inlet will get rid of this hesitation also. Of course, the latter is the ghetto way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts