Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to this forum I have been spying around for like 2 months already loll....... Because I just bought a 1995 G20 its Green, 5 speed, Tan leather but its all cracked. I got it for $1,000 bucks and it runs alright. My problem is that it has the check engine light on from a start i notice that the Valve cover gasket was gone i just changed it and the O2 sensor with a NGk one.

But the CEL is still on, from a stop the car seems kinda dumb to go, If i rev it high and let go of the gas it will go all the way down to were the car wants to die but it dosen't does anyone now what it could be?

I was looking for a page were it would show how to get the codes out of the ECU but all i got was how to reset it or pages of i got this code what does it mean. How can i get the codes out? I looked at the stickys but couldn't find it.

I need help please i would apreciated

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for saying hi. And to the person that posted that link it says i don't have permission to go into that link yet so i can't open that link it won't let me

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
yeah thats from the sponsor section lol

Im not really familiar with P10 so cant really help you...sorry but welcome to the fourm :smile:

someone will tell you how to do it...Im ripped so cant help you there either haha

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P11Gdub said:
welcome, fellow Bay Area G20! keep an eye out for local meets.

Yeah i want to go to some meets once i get all the details the car has it kinda has alot let me list them:

The moon roof won't close it like got stuck or the chain is slipping
I a front left turn signal lamp
The front grill is not holding that well its loose
The hood needs a little work on
The drivers door dosen't open from the inside or the outside (so i don't now how im going to fix that)
It needs a ball joint and some suspension parts
Ohhh and power stearing makes noise when i twist it

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhh no its col but can someone tell me if it's simple? Because i used to have a prelude and it had a l.e.d. light on the computer that would blink the codes do this ones have something like that? And please don't say Autozone the autozone here in stockton are a pain in the assss they said they can do that no more

·
Still learning :D
2,233 Posts
Yeah... Autozones are no longer able to lend out their code reader. I'm pretty sure our ECU's have the led code flash, too. It's pretty easy to get to. Passenger-side, left kick panel. Pop off a plastic clip and take out a single screw. Should be right in there. And, like UGLY said "FSM" from phatg20.net

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay does anyone that lives near me have a Diagnostic Code reader that i could go to? Right now i can't afford the autozone one its $180 for just borrowing it I was looking at ebay to buy the USB cable to connected to my laptop but i couldn't find one they all said for VW/Audi/BMW so no nissan

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ohh and whats the thing that would break down more often and turn on the CEL is it the IAC or the EGR?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
welcome, welcome! I don't have much to add, not worth trying to diagnose the problem without the code. :teeth:

LilAznFishinDude said:
Yeah... Autozones are no longer able to lend out their code reader.
really, that stinks...when did that happen? I haven't had to have a code read in a few months...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
hey welcome to the board, here's the link you needed
reading codes and resetting ecu

...maybe I'll take over Mark's job ;)
as for the other things a quick search for each of those items and you'll probably find an answer somewhere on this board, we've pretty much covered everything here.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
gomd3 said:
hey welcome to the board, here's the link you needed
reading codes and resetting ecu

...maybe I'll take over Mark's job ;)
as for the other things a quick search for each of those items and you'll probably find an answer somewhere on this board, we've pretty much covered everything here.
not all the ecu's have the LED for some reason. obviously i would check if its there anyway tho.

*edit: as a matter of fact i dont know if this works at all with obd2 ecu's. ive never done it. i have a consult reader

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome to the community!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah thanks for the welcome guys and yeah the car is Obd2. It runs good but that check engine light is on and i want to getrid of it. The only thing it has is when u rev it the RPM's seem to go all the way down and the car acts like it going to die.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
shoot didn't even notice he had obd2 I know it's there for an obd1 at least on mine, but he should still be able to see the check engine cel flashing right? oh well hope the link helps you out!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
when was it tuned up last?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts