Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm planning to retrofit this projector housing set in my P11: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B21R0TA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

From the reviews, these appear to be very similar to the renowned Morimoto Mini H1 housings and it does have an H4 adapter plate as well so I'm assuming they'll fit into the headlight housing without problems.

I've only found guides showing how to install the projector itself but nothing about installing an H1 bulb with the H4 connectors. I currently have bixenon H4 HID bulbs installed on my car; what modifications will I need to do to fit an H1 HID bulb if I already have the H4 bixenon HID ballast and connectors? Am I just overthinking it and the H1 will fit directly on the H4 connector?

Thanks, sorry if stupid question!

EDIT: Nevermind, I am overthinking it. I see that the harness will fit an H1 but just has a connector for high/low beam solenoid.

Progress pics below!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can't wait to see some progress pics though
Here they are :) Took all weekend because I also restored my headlight lens to make sure they didn't distort the nice clean cutoff from the projector.

Removed headlight assembly:

Rear bolt on passenger side was a b*tch to remove

Lens removed and projector fitted:

Test fit to see how it looks and adjust aim (no lens):

Test fire without lens on:

I'm aware the right side projector cutoff isn't horizontal in the photo, fixed right after the picture.

Lens restored. Wet sanded with a Makita orbital sander 400grit followed by 2000grit and clear coated, clear coat still drying. Some orange peel visible:

Next day, wet sanded the lens again with 2000grit to remove orange peel then used some rubbing compound to polish it out:

Both lights fitted back on:

Lights on:

Cutoff with lens on:

I'd say it came out pretty decent!

I'll try to get some better pictures of the light output/cutoff tonight since I didn't have a chance to really test it out yet last night

A few final touches I'm working on are figuring out how to get a good ground because sometimes my lights don't turn on at all, have to jiggle the ground wires a bit. Also not sure if it matters too much but sealing the rear of the bulb since I now have an H1 bulb in there and the rubber grommet does not fit snug around the bulb, leaving small gaps. Any suggestions for these issues would be appreciated!

·
Registered
42 Posts
i'm about to order out to do the same. I have JDM duals but don't like the light output its too "pretty" and not functional for my daily use. Did you have to grind any of the housings at all to get it to fit? how did you mount it into the housing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts