Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
JDMike!!!
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iight..i have duals which are H1s...

first off.. which type of HID kit i should get...(brand)

and what type of temp give out the best lighting...

ps i don't want to do a retro fit...don't want to ruin my duals

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Brand makes a big difference. I have 8000k McCulloch H4 bulbs and they are white... not blue at all.

·
North Star Fighter
3,216 Posts
5100k is daylight. 4300 is white in it's purest form. the lower the number the more yellow. the higher the number the more purple. optimal visibility is between 4300 and 5100. if you want the flickering effect (changes color as people look into your headlights at diff. angles) you need a special kind of ECE lens. going with those ultra high tempratures and ridiculous amounts of wattage will result in "bleeding". The cutoff line will be off, and oncoming traffic will be blinded putting many people at risk.

as far as companies go, sylvania and philips were the best i've heard. hella makes good ballasts. but for the most part, ripping oem parts is the best move. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums is a great place for information. hope this all helps!

·
Registered
20,859 Posts
Because the H1 fillament goes front-rear it actually is a good canidate for hid. Only problem is with the shawdow caused by the return wire.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
KwikyMAN said:
The cutoff line will be off, and oncoming traffic will be blinded putting many people at risk.
This is a great reason not to put HID into a housing that is not retrofited.

·
Registered
233 Posts
so no to the 6000k HID kit i ordered this morning.....anyone wanna sell their bad a.. retrofited HID housings to me?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
well, i'd say if you have duals, go with the H1 kit...
if you want a good color/brightness combo, most of my customers are happy with 6000K. the cutoff/beam pattern on the duals isn't that bad and would actually make quite good candidates for an HID upgrade kit

check out this website for some good prices... they ship fast as well

http://www.cqlight.ca/

·
JDMike!!!
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EvilYak said:
well, i'd say if you have duals, go with the H1 kit...
if you want a good color/brightness combo, most of my customers are happy with 6000K. the cutoff/beam pattern on the duals isn't that bad and would actually make quite good candidates for an HID upgrade kit

check out this website for some good prices... they ship fast as well

http://www.cqlight.ca/

thanks...what about your yellow fogs..was it plug and play or u had to mod a little to make it fit...and what hid kit did u use for it thanks...and thanks to everybodies reply..

·
Registered
572 Posts
CarloSR said:
NismoGT, I have the HIDs that I had in my P11 with duals, they where barely used, maybe 8 to 10 hours.... low and high :naughty:

Pics here from this thread
i hate to beat on dead horse but on your pictures why do you have your high beams on ??? weird

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
they're nice for the most part, the light output is great since it was designed around HID, but the cutoff is so/so because it was really made as an auxiliary light

kinda expensive if i remember right

·
JDMike!!!
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EvilYak said:
they're nice for the most part, the light output is great since it was designed around HID, but the cutoff is so/so because it was really made as an auxiliary light

kinda expensive if i remember right

what fog light kit did u use? and how much did it cost?

·
Registered
501 Posts
NismoG20T said:
what fog light kit did u use? and how much did it cost?
i have 6k and they are nice and bright, but my stock p10 head lamp with no retro, means horrible cut of, so i aimed them down so i dont blind people,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts