Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finnaly did it.. maxima ballasts, 4300k oem D2R bulbs.. homemade wiring harness and casper sheilds

THE BEFORE

AND THE AFTER
with flash on

flash off

really close to a metal thing

further back

even further.

and yes.. my lenses are FOGGY AS ALL HELL!! once i polish them i hope to get a brigher output

=)
-mark

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
total project cost?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
nice output.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ yea the sheilds work amazing.. theres only a shread of glare light up above.. but i played it safe and went with D2R(sheilded bulbs) and the casper sheild too.. if i were to swap out to D2S id probably have more light, but it wouldnt go on the road.. itd just go out and up..

total was under 200.. 160 for hid components.. and about 20bucks at lowes for wires/wiretaps, zipties,
electrical tape and such.. super freakin deal..

brings me to try my second project.. i have a old set of h3 projectors from my civic.. im going to try to spray them modelpaint yellow and put a regular cheap white bulb in it (IS300 is a yellow lens with white bulb) in hopes to help make my fogs even be seen over these suckers. =)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not a dumb question.. a good one actually.. i was confused as how to do that.. at first i was going to 'gorrila glue' them in there.. but if i ever needed to swap bulbs.. that would be next to imposible to get out.. so i used some greyrtv and let it sit for a day.. figured it would be secure enough to hold it in place (or it would just spin around or fall out) since the sheild is also the h4 adapter.

no highbeams.. but with the harness i wired it so it hooks up to my drivers side light socket.. it gets the signal from there. the new harness connects to the battery, and has grounds.. so its like a whole new harness which is only getting a signal from my stock harness.. all i have to do is take the bulbs out.. unplug the harness, put my stockies back in and im back to stock =) perfect for inspection.

thankyou very much! =)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pricing:

$35 shipped: bulbs and sheilds from a member here ' savestheday ' (huge shout out)
$130 shipped: ebay auction had a 'make offer' was selling for 200 i shot him 115+15shipping and he took it

misc shit at lowes rounded under $20
i had the greyRTV and it just took some time to do it all..

definatly worth the investment.. if you want hids without retrofitting make sure you go with D2Rbulbs and the caspersheilds.. you wont get a smooooooth cutoff as you will with projectors. but you also wont be blinding people all over.. its a very stock outputish look to it.. just like 100000times brighter

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
/\/\ thanks!

I am still a hair confused...on the casper shield. So you slid it into the hole and then RTVed around it? When you want to remove it I guess you'll have to break the RTV and then but in your stockers for inspection and then reinstall the shields/rtv again?

Did you have to take the headlights out at all in order to do this install?

Finally, looks like in your last pic you had a bit of yellow from the 194 bulb that's in there, don't know if it interests you but I got some hyper whites for there, check this out:
http://g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54343

Again, looks very clean from your pics and your wiring seems great for passing that pesky inspection.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
sick, now sell me those NFS eyelids, for greater light output. but seriously, that's a huge improvement. and i might know of a clear set of headlights you can buy. PM sent!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aye.. no worries..

the shiled slides over the D2R bulb.. then i had to secure the bulb to the shield so it wouldnt fall out (pretty much your adding the H4 prongs to the D2R bulb)

it goes right in place of my stocks the little metal clip goes over it the same way.

its just a conversion to make the D2R bulb fit.

so all i have to do is like anyone would change their regular bulb..

hope i cleared that up a bit =)

the whole harness thing is prettymuch a 2nd harness wired seperatly from my stock one.. so i can chose which harness to use (imagine each headlight has 2 bulb clips going to it. one stock h4 and the other D2Rhid, so i have a choice.. alli have to do is swap bulbs and connect the right harness up

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Bishous-G said:
the whole harness thing is prettymuch a 2nd harness wired seperatly from my stock one.. so i can chose which harness to use (imagine each headlight has 2 bulb clips going to it. one stock h4 and the other D2Rhid, so i have a choice.. alli have to do is swap bulbs and connect the right harness up
my duals are set up exactly the same way. damn we're both smart.

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
How long till you are selling "OEM compatible" kits (Only half kidding)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Where did you get all the info on making your own harness? I want to do the same thing, but don't really know where to start....I know way more about turbo's than hid's...

P11Gdub said:
my duals are set up exactly the same way. damn we're both smart.
You have bixenons?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well im broke now (insurance.. lol).. but seriously check out ebay for some ballasts every now and then you get a cheap pair up there.. like mine were 200.. i was like Fthat.. i shot a lowball offer.. and he took it =). I think theres another set of bulbs/sheilds for sale on the forum from Dmarr (spelling?)

you CAN do this for under 200ish if you dont mind waiting for the deals to pop up.. granted i would have loved a 'plug n play' kit. but i dont have that type of $ to toss around..

if at anypoint i deem adventurous enough to start making kits ill let you know.. but honestly its probably not gonna happen, i dont have the income to play with =(

kooj, i had a old honda civic harness which i had to cut up and add too.. i used my fsm a bit, to try and mock the stock harness and there was a guy on hidplanet who helped me.. i forget his name (lots of letters/number) but ill find out..

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Koojo said:
You have bixenons?
nope. i did the wiring the same as Bish.

Bishous-G said:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea, i dont know if i want to try and place the projectors in the stock fog holes.. or in the mouth of the bumper.. .. it shouldnt be too too hard.. being as its a direct h3 fit.. just need to mount them and fab up some shrouds..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts