Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have been bartering a price for an instal on my p11 to a sr20det. When the install gets done and on the road . My question is i live in NH . Our state noe has a emissions law to where they connect an Odb computer for cades to check with emisssions. Now when the install is performed and the new ecu is in . IS the new ecu going to be an odb2 or will it be a 1? Because if it is a 1 I wont be able to do my install

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You should call the NH emissions station to find out if they check for non-original engines or missing emissions equipment like they do in California. If they do, then your car will be illegal to register in NH! Most engines built after 1996 are OBDII.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
NH dose not check emissions (well not really). Depending on the shop you go to they might give it a poke around if they see the CEL on. Now if they find you don’t have an EGR or any other original emissions equipment you may be in some trouble and they will reject you vehicle.

I personally never had a problem getting my turbo car inspected. What you should do is if you know anyone who has modified cars in your area it would be a good idea to ask them if they know of any tuner friendly inspection shops around and go from there.

I do know of one by me (Plaistow area) that will inspect it no questions asked.. at all. Its the place I always go to for inspection stickers even back when I had the turbo car. But they are kind of hard to get an appointment with. PM me if your interested in checking them out.

Mike

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
p.s. who are you having do the install? I’d be weary if they are going to use the jdm(det) ecu to do it. If I were you I would go with a JWT ecu it will make things a lot easier. If they use the jdm ecu they will probably have to hack up the wiring harness to get everything to run rite and who wants to do that on a nice p11?

Also what are they quoting you?

Mike

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well for the bb sr20det ecu harness and mts swap 6500. Thats z-fever in fla. where i am from. I know they do good work but its kinda pricey i think.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
They don't I thought you had a 99 for some reason. I think most people are using safc's for turboing p11's. $6500 sounds alot high to me. $1400 for a motor and ecu. whats the other $5100 for? I'd have them itemize it for you or something.

Mike

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I see. Well for the $5100 I'd make dam sure your getting a 2000+ p11 lsd tranny with that ;)

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts