Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

121 - 140 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Well ended up in SoCal again this weekend, got to see these guys again. I was in AZ for a total of 15 minutes before I had to head to the airport, bummed I didnt get to see Mike, Javibear and Code.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
So a little update, got some more wheels and my black coupe is almost ready to go out for a little more fabrication. I'll try and get some pictures of the cage for you guys.

New setup consisits of:
- S15 SR20DET with S14 5 speed transmission
- Power Enterprise 1420 Turbo
- Nismo 550cc injectors
- Tomei poncams 264/264
- Exedy Hypersingle
- Apexi PowerFC D-Jetro with Oled commander

This should put me right around 310-320whp with 18psi of boost at 2600RPM. Chassis already has a NASA spec cage and is going for tubs and some other bits, hoping to get this thing right around 2,550lbs when all said and done.

Got some more bits in off of Yahoo Japan!

HKS Type R oil cooler - this thing is huge!

And those of you who are heading out to the AZ meet today you'll see my good friend Matt, he owns a pretty rad S14...

I'm thinking about picking up another coupe for a daily and doing a NA VE build, kinda getting sick of my civic. We'll see what happens...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Well ended up in SoCal again this weekend, got to see these guys again. I was in AZ for a total of 15 minutes before I had to head to the airport, bummed I didnt get to see Mike, Javibear and Code.

Aww fuck I missed your sold out show when you guys came to town. FML

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I move that this thread be renamed:

"hobbs [car of the month] progress thread."

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Just thinking about how much money you spend makes me a little nauseous.

Nice stuff though for sure.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
^ so does that mean we are going to see you at NASA events? Planning to get your NASA Comp license and run races with us?
We'll see how the car ends up getting setup, I'm hoping to get out to atleast a couple HDPE events this year.

Someone got their tax return already
That reminds me I haven't even gotten my W2's yet...

Just thinking about how much money you spend makes me a little nauseous.

Nice stuff though for sure.
Actually I don't spend any of my 'regular' income, I build my cars on cash that I make on parting other cars. This keeps my bank account happy and keeps me from getting into any sort debt.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Actually I don't spend any of my 'regular' income, I build my cars on cash that I make on parting other cars. This keeps my bank account happy and keeps me from getting into any sort debt.

Good deal. I did the same for a while... Then bills fought up. :(

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Good deal. I did the same for a while... Then bills fought up. :(
It's the whole reason why I'm considering going back to an older car for a daily, I would love to buy something new but because I'm still young insurance bends me over. I'm paying almost 1,800 a year for full coverage on my 05 civic while my 240s have been about 400 for the same coverage.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I wanted to get another Honda as a daily, but the insurance on them is rediculous.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
It's the whole reason why I'm considering going back to an older car for a daily, I would love to buy something new but because I'm still young insurance bends me over. I'm paying almost 1,800 a year for full coverage on my 05 civic while my 240s have been about 400 for the same coverage.
....because HONDA

..get something OTHER than a HondaCar and you'll be fine (no an EVO won't be any better of course)

Look up cost on a 2005 Ford Taurus in comparison for an example just for fun (betcha its WAAAAY cheaper than $1800 a year)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Evo....I was paying 3,960 a year for full coverage on mine, not to mention the 125 a week in gas.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Evo....I was paying 3,960 a year for full coverage on mine, not to mention the 125 a week in gas.
Holy crap... I understand why you got rid of that so fast.

121 - 140 of 183 Posts