Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was fiddling with the parts car today, pulled the cams out cause i was bored. cleaned em up, and found out there's a 1/8 lip on the edges from all the wear :zoinks: but that's not even the best part, I was messing with something, and I hear a metallic *clink* from under the car. look down, there was a piece of piston. i hadn't looked under the car too hard before, but today curiosity got the best of me. i yanked the crossmember, and found a near basketball size hole in the upper oil pan. pieces of rod, piston, oil pan and block everywhere. two of the main bearing caps are still attached, but half of one side of each is missing, down to the bolt :zoinks: pics to come soon :naughty:

·
Registered
430 Posts
i do that all the time with my race cars. but yeah you def kicked a rod. and now your engines dead.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, it threw a rod, possibly two. it's a parts car, came non-running, and the guy said it was "knocking" but i think that's a bit of an understatement :p

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is the stuff that fell out/i was able to reach in and pull out of the upper pan.

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
tha piston is shattered

·
Registered
963 Posts
nicely done man, i was content when i threw a connecting rod through the block but you really did me one better haha. When are you thinking about doing your swap? Hopefully i can give you some good help after doing mine.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
dasmn must have been from blowing such a large shot of N20 & u fried the welds on the block man!!!......now u owe urslef another 16sec car lol

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
hahaha, why do i get a funny mental image of the parts just plopping out??

in all seriousness, that sucks.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ZaRPGfreak said:
hahaha, why do i get a funny mental image of the parts just plopping out??

in all seriousness, that sucks.
The motor basically took a dump in my yard once I pulled the crossmember :p

is your AIM broke, or what, Zohaib?

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
bhowle said:
The motor basically took a dump in my yard once I pulled the crossmember :p

is your AIM broke, or what, Zohaib?
avoiding people :p

edit: particular people. especially you. ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts