Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a little bit hatefull but I hate Hondas. Does anyone else? Anyone have any Ideas why I might feel this way? Is it becasue I drive a great nissan?:monkey:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't hate Hondas, but more of the people who drive them, cuz they use them for all the wrong things. It's like the people who drag race in RX-7s. Why drag race a torqueless car? Drag race = torque. Honda = lacking of torque. It's not that complicated. I get tired of the Honda guys who think they can take on a blown 5.0, just cuz they have altezza lights and a wing. Now those are REAL performance mods.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that is true thank you for your insite. I have another thinkg I wanted to kinda poke fun at. I love the fact that Saturns boast about their wonderfull twinn cams on their cars lol. Every time I see one I chuckle. Here in Las Vegas people will rice out anything. Saturns are a big one, and ohhh Dodge...not neons.... Intrepids and Stratus's. It's almost discusting.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have problems with Nissan more than Honda. Those fools dont know WTF they are doing in the sports car market. I can understand why the R34 Skyline isn't here. It's expensive, big, and doesn't look like a sports car to most Americans. But why the hell isn't the Nissan Silvia Spec-R here! The S15 is powered by a SR20DET that pumps out 247hp and 202lb of torque. Its rear wheel drive and weighs 2,799lb. Oh and did I mention its stupid fast off the assembly line. It does 0-60 in 5.6 and the 1/4 mile in 13.9! It can also handle with a skidpad of .95g. The best part is the price, $22,000 and some change in Japan...

It looks good, it's faster then a BMW M Coupe, handles like a dream, and it costs as much as a Acura GSR! I wouldn't be driving an Infiniti G20 if this car was out here in the states.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well that's just bad marketing on Nissan's part, is that what you're saying? Well you've gotta look at other factors too. The JDM is hella different from our USDM. If you look at US manufacturers, they don't have any cars that are even remotely similar to the Silvia; why? Cuz the car probably wouldn't do well here. The 240SX (both S13 AND S14) did sell well for a while, but eventually sales died down. Even the 300ZX was cancelled. The cars just don't fit competitively in Nissan's lineup, but cars like the Bluebird/Altima, Sunny/Sentra and Cefiro/Maxima do. Trucks too, are also quite popular. That's just what the U.S. demographic wants.

The Skyline GT-R wouldn't sell here cuz there is TOO much competition. In Europe, it's up against the M3s, Corvettes, and even Porsches. We have all the same cars here; quite common actually. It'd be interesting to bring it here; but at this point, the R34 doesn't pass smog in Japan, much less here.

The next sports car that Nissan needs to bring here isn't the Silvia, but the Fairlady Z...and they ARE bringin' it: the 350ZX. It's supposed to have pushed itself into the same market niche that the GT-R had left behind...to compete with M3s, Porsches and Corvettes...all for a fraction of the price. I hope to see another G35-like victory in the near future...

·
Registered
49 Posts
that pi$$es me off too... I have no idea why nissan was so short in bringing any of their high powered sr20 motors state side. i wouldn't have minded buying a stock g20 with a VE.

nothing like having a stock 2.0 liter n/a powered nissan that could hold its own with lets say ... an RSX or Is300

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a little bitter to the fact that the rsx and the IS300 pack alot more power than we. I hear the argument "but we look better" alot when it comes to matching up cars, but I dunno the IS300 is mighty sharp....but it does cost alot more. And I love the nascar inspired shifting on the steeringwheel!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well it's kinda unfair. In Japan; I would think the Nissan Primera and Toyota Altezza competed with each other as nice, comfortable, but slightly ritzy sedans. They were pretty even on that side of the Pacific. But when the Primera came here as the G20, it stayed pretty much the same as it was in Japan. When Toyota brought the Altezza here, they swapped a n/a Supra motor into it. I don't wanna diss the mighty SR20DE or anything, but it's competing against a 2JZ here.... not really much of a competition. It would've been a little nicer if it got an SR20VE, true, but here's Nissan's solution instead:

Bring their OWN "super engine" to the United States: the VQ35DE in the G35. That'll give the n/a 2JZ a runaround. Hence; goodbye Primera :*( but hello Skyline. :paranoid: :p :p :p

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aaah that is true, but how many of us are trading in out 20's for 35's?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well not too many of us were trading in our G20s for IS300s either. ;) As of now though, I'm almost thinkin' about getting a GC8 Subaru Impreza over another P10 Infiniti G20....

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought my G in the end of april, and got in a accident (hit by a guy running a stop sign) on may 25th. Luckily they fised it. But I am already looking twards the future... the G35 coupe or the 350z???

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well my car was a total loss, so I'm waiting for a check from my insurance company. But if I had a great deal of funds and the option of a G35 or a 350ZX, I'd take the Z. I like to go fast....mmmm...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I diddnt want them to total me out, cause my car was a steal I got a 99' G20t with 28k for 14'9. If they totaled it out they where gonna give me 13k for it. I would have still owed on the car casue with all the taxes and fees associated with the purchace. So I would have been assed out.:mad:

·
Registered
211 Posts
GDubinVegas said:
I am a little bitter to the fact that the rsx and the IS300 pack alot more power than we. I hear the argument "but we look better" alot when it comes to matching up cars, but I dunno the IS300 is mighty sharp....but it does cost alot more. And I love the nascar inspired shifting on the steeringwheel!!!!!!

AHHH, no, no, no....the stoneage NASCAR engineering didnt develop paddle-shifted gearboxes!!! Formula one racing has been doing it for years, but i guess you've just been watching lots of NAS...SpeedChannel...:lick:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I dislike Nascar, but you meen to tell me they used to have to shift??? And ont the IS300 brochure is says "Nascar inspired manual transmition shifting on steering wheel"

·
Registered
880 Posts
yes, nascar did have to shift about ten or so years ago. And Lexus probably put that in their brochure because americans are more familier with nascar than they are with F1, or any kind of road racing other than indy for that matter. You say auto racing to the average joe walking down the strip in Las Vegas and they are gonna think you are talking about NASCAR.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I can't really hate on Honda's cuz they do make great cars. And the fact that a stock civic could keep up with my G or even beat my stock G makes me sick. When you think Inifiniti, you think that a Civic would be no match. But I'll tell you what...I'm not gonna hate or diss Civics till I know my G will beat them.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i actually a few years back use to like the civic ex and i use to like the prelude but all that faded when 99 came and the p11 hit the streets i dont really care whats faster but when i look out in the garage i'm very very happy at the site of the p11 its like a beautifull girlfriend but keeps looking better every morning when you wake up next to her

to tell you the truth performance wise the g is not superior to the civic and luxury wise all it got is bose and leather seats and thats about all that seperates us until you look at the cars and realize the g looks alot nicer

casual

·
Registered
520 Posts
True dat. You have a point, the G is a very very good looker. I'm not going to say I'm not big on performance, but I like to know the power is there, ya know. But once you put a turbo in a G, it makes a whole different story. That is why I respect it. You just have a car that needs a little work thats all. It just needs a heart transplant and needs to go to a weight loss class.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stop dissin

Im a g20 owner and my other car is a CRX. Its hooked up for the show ciruct and can run too. Its most of the 5.0/ camero people who give me a hard time. Just cruising they cut me off, play lane change games. Don't get me wrong. I totally respect American muscle, but its those IDIOTS who play games who make the cars look bad. Same goes for those IDIOTS in imports with big wings, vinyl, and altezzas. So for every import driver who thinks and act as described, there are as many domestic drivers who do the same.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts