Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ive been getting a few PM's about this, so I figured I would share the wealth :)

I got the actual hood struts from AG>SR on the sr20forum. Thread can be found here: http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=172300 .

If he runs out of the struts and doesnt get a GB going before the end of the year, I'll get the part number off the struts for ya'll.

If you notice, my hood is a little more vertical, than if you just use your hood prop. I put the hood prop in on picture #1 so you will get an idea of what I am talking about. It is normally in the hole above it going towards the top of the hood.

These will hold the hood up pretty much in the wind as well. While I havent tested it in the wind I have had no problem with it staying up normally.

The install is relatively easy. I would dedicate about 3 hours if you dont have any power tools.

The fender has to be mostly removed to get the bottom ball stud to thread into the fender (see picture 2 and 3 to know what I am talking about). You have to snake your hand in the fender once you can pull it away from the car, as the frame is too close to the fender where its threading in, to just take the wheel well fender liner off and get a wrench in there.

The hood hinge is pretty easy too. I would make pilot holes first for everything, and this includes drilling into the hood (between where the bolts go into the hood. There is a nut behind the hood hinge you need to make an opening for so that you can tighten it and it will fit in. Kind of hard to explain, but you'll get the idea when your doing it. You will need a drill bit the size of the nut that comes with the ball stud.

All these directions will make more sense when you do the install, sorry for any vaugeness, but its really easy to make it work.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
here's what I did a while back for my P11. definetly one of the best mods I've ever done. cleans up the whole engine bay view when you pop the hood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts