Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 02 sport with 21,000 miles on it and last week my engine started making wierd noises and idled really roughly while on a trip to my dads house in NY. When i got there i came to the decision that driving it anymore would be pretty bad so I had infiniti roadside tow it to some dealer in White Plains NY. Upoun delivery and inspection the dealer told me that becuase i missed one oil change service with infiniti (i did it my self becuase i was on a trip) that they would not warentee the car, and also becuase i had glow pedals in my car. Never the less the attitude of all the reps there was really "shitty". Aparently they thought i haddent changed the oil since 7,500 miles. I follow the instructions in the manual and at 15,000 miles changed the oil with genuine infiniti parts as well as the air filter. The lovley people at white plains called another dealer i was gonna take my car to and told them all this stuff and claimed they called consumer affairs. I dont know what 2 do I followed all the guidelines about servicing the car my self in the manual and i didnt think that glow pedals would void the warentee of the engine. Is there anyway i can contact some one or get my car fixed because this is becoming a real nightmare. Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
So did they find out what the problem was? With the car that is...

Keep in mind, dealers HATE doing warantee work, this means they have to cover the cost. The glow pedals (why in the first place) are a moot point. The oil changes are another thing. Im not too up with dealer warantees, but how can they prove you didnt change the oil? They are just talking out of their @$$ to try and *bully* you into thinking you did something wrong. If you stand by your story of schedualed maintanence that goes a long way. Keep at them...if they still *insist* that you voided the warantee, have them prove it in writing. Be firm, calm, and rational when talking with them.

Does replacing the windshield wiper blades with ones from Wal-Mart void the warrantee? You tell me...

If all else fails...contact Infiniti directly and file a complaint.

Good luck man...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, this is the first time I've heard of an Infiniti dealer pulling this stunt.

I always keep the oil & filter receipt when I change the oil on my GF's G20t. (usually it's because there's a rebate for Mobil 1)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
get your backbone on straight and be tough man they serve you you dont beg them especially not for something that is there problem.. they are straight up trying to f u man cuz they see they can throw that bull story at you to shut you up..

u need one sentence stating what you want and what you need and end of story you stick to it until they meet your needs and do not io repeat do not let them meet you half way you should get that stuff fixed your car is like new and there should be no excuses from them
p.s. check out this link too
casual
link

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
What [email protected] said.

The pedals absolutely do not void the warranty in any way. They would have to prove that the pedals directly caused the engine problem. Pretty silly.

As for the oil change thing, that is BS too. You can have your oil changed anywhere you like. It does not have to be at an Infiniti dealer. To claim such is illegal.

OK, what to do?

1) Call Infiniti customer service. Explain the situation. They should be most cooperative. Be polite. Ask them questions, don't tell them anything other than to answer their questions and explain the situation. For one thing this puts you more in the driver's seat if you have to challenge them eventually.

2) If they still won't cooperate, contact the state Attorney General. They cannot void your warranty for the pedals, and they cannot require you to get your oil changed only at an Infiniti dealer.

This is BS.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys thanx for the suport, well i had my car towed back to my house and i am taking it to a new infiniti dealer around here that have a bunch of really nice people in it. They saidf they would look at it for me and try to do as much as possible for me. I am going tomorow with all your suport to see what they say. And by the way in the event they dont cover me does anyone knoe tha $$$ for valve work?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i hope you dont go in there thinking "if they dont cover me" if you do go in their like that then most likely then you are the kind of person they push around..
good luck man
and to answer your q how much is valve work? depends on how bad the prob is but either way not cheap!
casual

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dude--Call Infiniti Customer Service. Be nice, play dumb and ask for help--at 21000 this whole bill is on Infiniti and no one else. All they can require of you is a statement saying you changed the oil.

Each dealership is owned locally---try another with and let Infiniti Customer Service run mediate for you--even ask them for a referral in your aread\

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
lee756 said:
Dude--Call Infiniti Customer Service. Be nice, play dumb and ask for help--at 21000 this whole bill is on Infiniti and no one else. All they can require of you is a statement saying you changed the oil.

Each dealership is owned locally---try another with and let Infiniti Customer Service run mediate for you--even ask them for a referral in your aread\
This is exactly right.

Don't accept them voiding your warranty. Call Infiniti's customer service number and get this straightened out. They absolutely cannot require you to get your oil changed at an Infiniti dealer. And the pedal excuse is a joke.

If you don't get results, call your state attorney general's office. Be nice, be polite, ask questions

Let us know what happens.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so heres the deal, i slapped all my oil change receipts in their face and they said "oh we have to investigate further" So they did and while they took their sweet ass time i started calling everyones manager not to mention yelled and screamed inside a brand new dealership. So they finally realized i wasnt going away and gave me a brand new engine! Thats the good part, the weird part is that they told me 2 of my rims are bent (due to the enormus pot holes in the bronx) and they said if I dont buy new rims (from them) they will void the warenty on my new engine. So I said put it in writing along with the part of the warenty that says so and I have yet to recive anything from them. Has any one herd of this before or are they just trying to weasel some money out of me? Thanx for the suport guys!

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
G2002 said:
So they finally realized i wasnt going away and gave me a brand new engine!
Good deal, have fun with that one...

Thats the good part, the weird part is that they told me 2 of my rims are bent (due to the enormus pot holes in the bronx) and they said if I dont buy new rims (from them) they will void the warenty on my new engine. So I said put it in writing along with the part of the warenty that says so and I have yet to recive anything from them. Has any one herd of this before or are they just trying to weasel some money out of me?
Just trying to weasel more money from you....bent rims have nothing to do with engine malfunctions.....although they are not nomally safe, so you should get new ones at best....I hear Team Dynamics are pretty cool....:lol:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
def buy new rims but NOT from them man this dealership u are going to i'm beggining to think is worse then mine is there something wrong with you that they are treating you like this cuz thats crazyy man No f'n way should your new engine warrantee be voided due to bent rims That is pure i mean pure bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you said the right thing man by saying put it in writting personally after all this is done keep a record of what happened and these people should be reported they are justt running a bronx scam on you man! if you put two spare tires on just to bring it in the dealer they cant void nothingor buy two rims from SOMEWHERE ELSE and then they cant tell you nothing and by the way before you change the rims get it checked at a shop they might even be lying about the bent rim thing too!

blah blah blah
p.s. do not let them give you no runaround mandemeand the new engine asap talk is cheap and you bought a new car thats not cheap so no excuses

one suggestion after you get the engine go to another infiniti dealer just to check the work out to make sure its all cool u never know they might try to f u again

casual

·
Registered
354 Posts
all i have to say is....wow i'm lucky to have bought my car from Metro Infiniti in monrovia..they are so nice. They gave me a free air filter when mine got dirty, they fix all the problems i've had without any problems.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G2002 said:
Ok so heres the deal, i slapped all my oil change receipts in their face and they said "oh we have to investigate further" So they did and while they took their sweet ass time i started calling everyones manager not to mention yelled and screamed inside a brand new dealership.
Glad to see you took my advice. :rolleyes:

G2002 said:
So they finally realized i wasnt going away and gave me a brand new engine! Thats the good part, the weird part is that they told me 2 of my rims are bent (due to the enormus pot holes in the bronx) and they said if I dont buy new rims (from them) they will void the warenty on my new engine. So I said put it in writing along with the part of the warenty that says so and I have yet to recive anything from them. Has any one herd of this before or are they just trying to weasel some money out of me? Thanx for the suport guys!
Well...... They cannot do that. But I'm through giving you advice since you don't want to take it anyway. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you contacted Infiniti corporate yet? I'm sure they would find this quid pro quo VERY interesting.

However inconvenient, I would go to another dealer. Ramsey Infiniti and Infiniti of Denville over in NJ have always been stellar.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol im sorry Geo i've been so busy arguing i havent had much time to sit at the computer much. Thank you for your advice and you were correct they couldnt do it, and after yelling around in the show room they offered to put my rims on for me and balance them lol. Thanks guys so much for the advice. I cant wait to get it back and for the breakin period to be over becuase i have enough money for a nice turbo. DET! ALL THE WAY.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Personally, I think that this matter--even if its already resolved-should be brought to the attention of Infiniti corporate. I have to agree with Geo about contacting them, and I think that you should now tell them exactly what the dealership told you and let them know the dealership name, address, etc. because the treatment they gave you involved blatant lies, and I'm sure Infiniti would be glad to do something about this so that others wont go through the same experience you had. Good luck finding a new dealership in the meantime...and goodluck on a DET!

...they dont call them $tealerships for nothing do they...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Notify Infiniti if you like but it will not affect the dealership. Dealerships are franchises and as long as they sell cars nothing happens to them. When you make a report Infiniti forwards a copy to the Service Manager of the dealership(not even the owner!) Being that the Service Manager was the problem--guess where the report will go. Inifiniti cares about you as an owner but they cannot force the dealer to do much of anthing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts