Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G20GOOCH said:
what are some things i can do to get my p11 up to 200hp? without breaking into my bank account....:smoke:
Keep dreaming. ;) Seriously, to get to about 200hp you'll need a lot of luck and at least $3000. Now when I say luck you'll need to find a lot of good used parts cheap. You need luck because these get snapped up pretty quick. Actually contact Jason at www.jgycustoms.com he can get you started with a small turbo add-on for about $1k. You'll still need piping and an ECU for fuel enrichment. $600ish for the ECU and piping? Well you'll have to shop around or get creative. It will have to custom made whatever you do because noone make an off the shelf plumbing kit yet. Or you can go with the SR20VE if you don't like the turbo idea. This will run you around $2400 for the motor alone. You can run the stock ECU but a JWT ecu would be the best bet. You'll need to get your exhaust modified to hook up to the stock VE manifold along with some RPM switches for the cam change over.

I think you probably could use a little research. I could write all day about all the options there are. (one day hopefully when the main site is up we/I can document all the options). Power ain't cheap.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
I have seen turbos' for sale for the SR20DE at about 800 bucks, i duno where this other figure is coming from maybe im wrong. I would also imagine that it would cost a hella amount of money to install one, but i do that stuff myself. does anyone know the cost of a new ecu for a turbo becuase i am planing on puttin one in. Thank you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sure, you can find a used T25/28 for $800, but it takes more than just a turbo to turbocharge a vehicle. You need the turbo, the exhaust manifold, injectors, fuel rail, BOV, intercooler, IC piping, ECU, possibly a turbo timer, etc, etc, etc. That's a lot of extra stuff, and you can't do the IC piping yourself unless you work in a muffler shop or machine shop.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
If Jim Wolf Tech doesn't have one, they can make one. It'll probably cost extra, but to my knowledge, JWT can make an ECU for probably any Nissan on the planet. Maybe they haven't cracked the QRs yet, but I'm pretty sure they'll have even that available soon. They just haven't updated their site in umm...forever.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Re: Re: horsepower question??

G-Forces said:

Keep dreaming. ;) Seriously, to get to about 200hp you'll need a lot of luck and at least $3000. Now when I say luck you'll need to find a lot of good used parts cheap. You need luck because these get snapped up pretty quick. Actually contact Jason at www.jgycustoms.com he can get you started with a small turbo add-on for about $1k. You'll still need piping and an ECU for fuel enrichment. $600ish for the ECU and piping? Well you'll have to shop around or get creative. It will have to custom made whatever you do because noone make an off the shelf plumbing kit yet.
I think you probably could use a little research. I could write all day about all the options there are. (one day hopefully when the main site is up we/I can document all the options). Power ain't cheap.

I agree, except I think that for the ECU/piping combo you'll be looking probalby closer to $750 or so. I'd figure probably $200 for piping, even if you were to make it yourself the piping would cost some money, same with labor to weld it up. The ECU I think goes for around $550?
I'd have to say about $2000 would be the absolute cheapest you could piece together a fully used (as in all the parts) turbo kit. that doesn't include any labor or really any extras to the kit. This would be just get the car running, really no tuning could be done because you wouldn't have the correct parts to be able to tune (or check) anything. For that stuff you'd probably have to spend another $500-1000 for. I think Jason's final quote of $3000 is pretty close for the cheapest you'd want to go. That'd include a boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, manual boost controller, etc....
Just think of the extra $500-1000 as money that would make itself back if you were to pop a motor, might as well spend it to better the turbo kit rather than replace the motor on a half-ass turbo kit. :p If that makes sense.

Bottom line 200hp = $2500-3000+ done correctly.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Re: Re: horsepower question??

JustinP10 said:

I agree, except I think that for the ECU/piping combo you'll be looking probalby closer to $750 or so.
Sorry that as a poorly constructed sentance. I ment about $600 for the ECU and who know what for the piping. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts