Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Hot Shot CAI from Luke for my 1993.5 P10. Anyone have a " How to " write up on the install I can check out. Or If yo have any tip or tricks they are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: HOT SHOT CAI for 1993.5 P10

G20 SpoRt 2002 said:

Whoa!!! When did this happen!?!? :D
At 10:58 am EST time ..... I love UPS !!! Anyway remember according to the post inthat other forum.. the ones for the P10's came in first ....

I still need some direction/ advice .....

·
Registered
807 Posts
1: Take off all of your stock airbox assembly going all the way to the throttle body and also be sure to take out your battery and the tray. You will need to take off you wheel well liner since this is in the way of the resinator.
2: When you get all this off you will need to make the stock hole going to the resinator bigger and then you should be able to install the new setup

Sorry about the quick write up but i'm running short on time, post again if you need more help.....=)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue93G20 said:
1: Take off all of your stock airbox assembly going all the way to the throttle body and also be sure to take out your battery and the tray. You will need to take off you wheel well liner since this is in the way of the resinator.
2: When you get all this off you will need to make the stock hole going to the resinator bigger and then you should be able to install the new setup

Sorry about the quick write up but i'm running short on time, post again if you need more help.....=)
Thanks forthe help so far how do I make the hole bigger drill or dremel or harsh language ? Any help always appreciated ...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah, you dremel the hole bigger. You will need about 10-12 metal cutting blades. You need to make the hole about 1.5" wider. You will need to cut part of the battery tray as well. When you are done cutting, get some vacuume hose slit it length wise and place it around the edges of the hole. Now just piece the intake together and you are done.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You'll also want to pick up an AEM cold-air bypass valve.

This keeps water from getting into the intake and causing hydrolock(i think thats what its called) in your internals.
I think kevin (P11GT) has pics of his HotShot with the bypass valve put on...check his website if you want an idea of where to place it.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DragerG20 said:
You'll also want to pick up an AEM cold-air bypass valve.

This keeps water from getting into the intake and causing hydrolock(i think thats what its called) in your internals.
I think kevin (P11GT) has pics of his HotShot with the bypass valve put on...check his website if you want an idea of where to place it.
Do I need to do this first or can I wait and add it later ? What's Kev's Url ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
You can add the bypass valve later, it just goes inline with the intake.

I just got my intake earlier this week. Being in Phoenix, it is dry pretty much year round. So, I am going to pass on the bypass valve, at least for now. I imagine with the filter being where it is, you would have to be pretty hard pressed to get water into it. You would have to run through pretty deep water to suck water in, and at that point I would think you would have more to worry about.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jmgladden said:
You can add the bypass valve later, it just goes inline with the intake.

I just got my intake earlier this week. Being in Phoenix, it is dry pretty much year round. So, I am going to pass on the bypass valve, at least for now. I imagine with the filter being where it is, you would have to be pretty hard pressed to get water into it. You would have to run through pretty deep water to suck water in, and at that point I would think you would have more to worry about.
You are lucky ... They do not call University of Miami the Hurricanes for nothing.... compared to philly it rains here all the time... and when the srteets get flooded man.. at least 4 people complete screwed up their car last you when the streets got flooded ...

·
Registered
586 Posts
poppy_morenito said:

Do I need to do this first or can I wait and add it later ? What's Kev's Url ?

Kevin's website is: http://www.p11-gt.co.uk/ click on his ride and the next page will give you the links to updates and mods and check it through there.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh oh some gave me a dremel again

I am going to try and install my CAI tommorow morning. I will let you know how it turns if I do not cut my fingers off like I did with my sidemarker ....:lol:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I Tried and Failed ....

I got out the dremel and and that metal sparkly stuff flying around and said forget it. I did not have correct blades I think, anyway ... I am letting local shop do it..

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
PICS

Fresh from the the Digital Racer Facilities in in MagicLand

HOT SHOT INSTALLED with ALTIMA Strut Bar from ebay

I love the sound from this ... a slight growl nothing to be embarrassed by like a whiney honda...

In my automatic, definately a better pull off the line and more torquey feeling. The temp def. is cooler becuase in Miami the air is really hot but I can turn on the ac and the car does not crawl as much .....

All in all I like it so far ... makes me want more power !!:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts