Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was snooping around on HS's site and found that they now offer a Front Mount Intercooler and Downpipe kit for the BB DETs!
Since it says to call for pricing, and I have no Turbo-money, maybe one of you Turbo-plotting guys can call up and see what the kit includes, and for how much...unless it really is JUST the FMIC piping and 3inch downpipe...I guess what I'm really wondering is if the kit includes an intercooler or if it's just the piping. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
If this is what I think it is, it's only the downpipe and fmic and piping. I believe this kit allows you to drop in a bb det motor and just bolt up a downpipe and fmic. Doesn't include anything else other than downpipe, and piping (and possibly a FMIC?).
I think that kit may be for a SE-R rather than a G20 too, someone would want to check on that before purchasing it, as the two cars require different IC piping.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I contacted HS about this the other day. The downpipe is a 2.5" unit, IIRC it's mandrel-bent, and costs about $300. The standard FMIC kit costs about $1100 (most of which is the HKS core it comes with). Geo prototyped the FMIC kit on P10s, so I'm sure it will fit if you tell them you're putting it on a G20 (;)), and there shouldn't be too much of a cost variance.

Did you see the engine swap article in the December '01 SCC that Darth Roffe's DET-ized G20 starred in? :)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
CowboyDren said:
I contacted HS about this the other day. The downpipe is a 2.5" unit, IIRC it's mandrel-bent, and costs about $300. The standard FMIC kit costs about $1100 (most of which is the HKS core it comes with). Geo prototyped the FMIC kit on P10s, so I'm sure it will fit if you tell them you're putting it on a G20 (;)), and there shouldn't be too much of a cost variance.

Did you see the engine swap article in the December '01 SCC that Darth Roffe's DET-ized G20 starred in? :)

Of course I read it =) And I just wasn't sure if they were able to make P10 kits yet, or able to produce them?

I have the capability to custom make the IC piping too. IC piping isn't my main concern, although it would be nice to just bolt something up rather than take the time and materials to fab everything up by hand.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well, I'm guessing, so take that FWIW, but Geo said the fit was good. If he said the fit was good, then I bet that HS can bend those pipes for you. CALL HOT SHOT, though. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts