Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a hotshot CAI for there p10? Does anybody know if the intake is any good, because I was thinking of droppuing one into mine, if not are there any other CAI available for the p10?:surprised

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hotshot makes some of the best engine products for the SR20 motor. Their intake is great, but their header is even better.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I have a Hotshot CAI. I like it, except when i bought mine all they offered was a polished finish (chrome look). Now I believe you can get either the polished finish, or a powdercoated one, but i'm not positive on that. A lot of people comment on my CAI, cause it's shiney :(

Place Racing also makes a CAI for our cars. Currently their site is under development (must be redesigning it) but here it is for future reference. http://www.placeracing.com/

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I got one and I love it. Way better than just Pop charger and sounds cool too. Def . feel a difference pulling on my automatic. And it looks cool too !!! Mine is chrome and has red accents. I am getting a red valve cover to match ....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you mean to cut a hole in the wheelwell? There is a bit of cutting required in the firewall/wheelwell, but no cutting to the actual frame or body.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Is the cutting difficult or just time consuming? Cuz if I can't do it myself *I'm not the handiest with tools* I'll probably have to pay one of JWT's guys to do it for me. Hmm, I guess some friends can do it too...

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Ok.. wait a minute! Did I hear cutting? :mad: I was thinking of dropping a HS CAI too in my 92' G20 (P10), but I'm afraid of cutting the poor things' inside!!... I think the CAI looks good on the pics I've seen. I always wondered how the hell they fitted the filters though... They say a smaller battery is required, is that true? Also there's that metal plate that holds the battery that blocks the way to the bottom, Is that the piece that needs to get cut? Is there a short version that'll just fit where the OE air filter's at? I think HS offers fair prices and I've been getting good feedbacks on the products (Header etc.) So fill me in some more about the CAI's installation!
Thanx ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Fraychild said:
Is there a short version that'll just fit where the OE air filter's at?

Unfortunately I don't think they make a short ram intake for our car... it's either the whole cold air intake from Hotshot and Place racing or the filters from JWT and Stillen.

I heard some people who were too lazy to fit the extra extension from the CAI just left the first pipe going from the throttle body to the airbox and then just put the filter there... But that would eliminate the whole purpose of COLD AIR.

The battery can also be placed in your trunk or you can just shift it over a little bit to the side so that the pipe can fit.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I just pushed the battery over a little, less filling works great !!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ahh, yes...you only need to push the battery forward most of the time. Or, you could get an Optima or some other gel battery...I cant remember exactly who it was, but someone on the forum had an EXTREMELY small gel battery, it was like 2/3 the size of the OEM one.

About cutting, there is already a small whole in the firewall(I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)--and you only need to Dremel the hole a bit bigger for the filter to fit, then you can enjoy the performance benefits:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
search supraforums.com for "genesis battery"

anyhow, genesis makes a battery thats about the same length but less than half the width of a normal battery. tiny, but carries the same charge as a regular. you can stick it anywhere!

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
IIGHT

Thank you guys! Once again I'll find myself buried in the engine bay looking for a whole! :lol: I'll try to move the battery, if not I'll change it (it's just so hard to get ird of a DieHard) :( I'm so not used to Nissan/Infiniti's... I was always into Honda Civics... Now I'm taking over my girlfriend's G20 (P10)... I already put a Ractive cat-back exhaust, works and sounds nice ;) a Panasonic CD player, a 600W Kenwood amp and a box with two Kicker 12's. She'll have a heart attack by the time I'm done with it! He He! :p

·
Registered
644 Posts
You should definitely get a bypass valve. It protects from water entering the filter and then into the engine which will damage it. Due to the position of the filter on the CAI setup, water can easily enter by driving through a flooded area or even from excessively hard rain. The BPV is worth the 50$.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Ok... about that hole...

Ok guys... I looked, and searched, and looked and couldn't find the hole! :-\ (No I'm NOT A VIRGIN!!):tired: All I see is a lil' hole with a white rubber surround by the driver side fender, and I don't think no filter would fit in there! :eek: It has some sort of lil' black fuse box blocking it, and wires are run into it from the lil' box. Is that the hole guys? Or do I need to ... dig further down some more...? :bandit: Maybe when I remove the awful-looking OE air filter box I'll get to have a better picture of how much room I have to work with!! Just lemme know some more!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
G20Turbo said:
You should definitely get a bypass valve. It protects from water entering the filter and then into the engine which will damage it. Due to the position of the filter on the CAI setup, water can easily enter by driving through a flooded area or even from excessively hard rain. The BPV is worth the 50$.

Cool thanks!! Yea I will get it. I heard about something I forgot who told me but if you install it wrong then the battery rubs against it or something???

·
Registered
644 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 said:

Cool thanks!! Yea I will get it. I heard about something I forgot who told me but if you install it wrong then the battery rubs against it or something???

Hmm... I'm not sure if its because of the battery but I read a post about the bypass valve breaking in half! I'm not sure if this was in the AF forums or here tho

1 - 20 of 20 Posts