Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a Hotshot header group buy going on at SR20DEforum.com. Just click the link to get to the thread. The price for the SR20DE header is $387 shipped, which is about as good of a deal as you'll ever find. If you're interested I urge you to get in while you can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A header is about the biggest hp gainer from a bolt-on that you can get. The Hotshot is arguably the best header for the SR20DE. You're looking at an additional 10-11 hp at about 5250 RPM and 7HP peak (those are Hotshot's numbers). As a driver you'll notice improved throttle response and definitely harder pull as you're driving. Anything that makes your engine breathe better is going to help a lot, and the header will make the biggest difference. The nice thing about that is that additional upgrades will respond better due to the header's presence. This is going to be my first performance mod for my G20. As good a place to start as any. Not to mention it's going to fix the hole in my flexpipe, too. :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to Hotshot's webpage they're CARB legal, and if they pass California's emissions you should have no problem passing your state's emissions test. For more information on legality in your particular area, I'd call Hotshot themselves at 626-303-0076, but you should have no problems.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I want in on the deal but the forum won't let me post, so I called the contact # and only got an answering machine so I e-mailed them and they haven't gotten back yet. Who else can I get a hold of to let them know I want one?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
"Sentra SE-R 2.0, 200SX SE-R, NX-2000, Infiniti G-20
Calif/Federal 91-99 NS3000 Tri-Y $475

Sentra SE-R 2.0, 200SX SE-R, Infiniti G-20 2000-01 NS3001 Tri-Y $475"

i took this from the hotshot site, so it looks like they are carb legal for 91-99, but not for 2000 and later. i emailed them yesterday about this, but haven't gotten a response yet.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I went to Hotshot's website. The header for the 91-99 G20 ARE NOT Guaranteed 50 state smog legal. The Calif/federal only means that the header has the fittings for the emissions. I called Hotshot and the lady on the phone said that they ARE NOT guaranteed 50 state smog legal. She said that Hotshot does not have their CARB #'s yet, so they can't say they are smog legal.

So, I guess my point is that they MAY be smog legal. But that has not been confirmed by Hotshot yet. Maybe someone out there has passed their state emissions with the header.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This sucks, I want in on this deal so bad but no one will return my calls or my e-mails and I can't post on that forum for some reason.
THIS SUCKS THIS SUCKS THIS SUCKS DAMN IT.:*(

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what I understand the Cali emissions are the most stringent in the nation, so if it's setup to pass emissions here you should breeze through smogging in all other states. I wish I could validate it. Think I am going to go for it and take the chance with the carb #'s coming later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts