Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 g20 and was wondering if I will pass the smog test if I install the hotshot header?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
My 94 G20 (when i had it) and my 95 G20 both passed with a hotshot header installed. Even with a bunch of other mods my G has passed with flying colors (although I'm not sure how aftermarket cams would change that?).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
As folks has said, you will pass out the tailpipe just fine. Won't pass the visual in The People's Republic of California though.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
How closely do they check on that? Do that get all up close and personal to the exhaust manifold area, all peering and magnifying glassed and stuff? I mean, I think most smog refs can tell headers are headers when they see them, but I was just wondering how closely they check.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah i'm wondering the same thing. I'm in california and i hear that the visual test is really restrictive. Does anyone know what the visual test consists of? like what exactly do they look for? The chrome finish is pretty much a dead giveaway. Maybe we can just make it look dirty so the chrome isn't so obvious :lick:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just go to some ghetto smog shop like in Downtown or something. They won't care so much about the visual. My RX7 had to go to a "Test Only" smog center so I went to one in downtown. The car had an HKS intake, Blitz BOV, and an obviiously butchered up exhaust system with a cat thrown on. They guy didn't even care about any of that stuff and the car passed the sniffer. All good...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.