Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 g20 and was wondering if I will pass the smog test if I install the hotshot header?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
My 94 G20 (when i had it) and my 95 G20 both passed with a hotshot header installed. Even with a bunch of other mods my G has passed with flying colors (although I'm not sure how aftermarket cams would change that?).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
As folks has said, you will pass out the tailpipe just fine. Won't pass the visual in The People's Republic of California though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Geo said:
As folks has said, you will pass out the tailpipe just fine. Won't pass the visual in The People's Republic of California though.

Couldnt you somehow put the heatshield over them to pass the visual? :D

·
Registered
880 Posts
I suppose you could, but you'd need to drill some holes in the heatshield and then just wire it in place. That's the only way it would work.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
How closely do they check on that? Do that get all up close and personal to the exhaust manifold area, all peering and magnifying glassed and stuff? I mean, I think most smog refs can tell headers are headers when they see them, but I was just wondering how closely they check.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah i'm wondering the same thing. I'm in california and i hear that the visual test is really restrictive. Does anyone know what the visual test consists of? like what exactly do they look for? The chrome finish is pretty much a dead giveaway. Maybe we can just make it look dirty so the chrome isn't so obvious :lick:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just go to some ghetto smog shop like in Downtown or something. They won't care so much about the visual. My RX7 had to go to a "Test Only" smog center so I went to one in downtown. The car had an HKS intake, Blitz BOV, and an obviiously butchered up exhaust system with a cat thrown on. They guy didn't even care about any of that stuff and the car passed the sniffer. All good...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts