Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the cheapest price and place you guys have found the Hotshots CAI intake for? If im running this, will a K&N filter make much more of a difference? This might be a dumb question, but what is the diff between the k&n cone filter, and the drop in filter? And which one do you guys suggest?

I was also checkin out the stillen cold air intake and high flow intake... what do you guys think about these? and what do you suggest. Im not looking for the intake for the sound... i actually dont really like deep growling... but just for a quality intake that will add some hp, and maybe give me better gas mileage, smoother ride, etc. Thanks in advance for all your opinions.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Since you live in San Diego I'd recommend talking to Greg at Mossy Nissan in Oceanside. Here is his website: http://www.mossyperformance.com/ He can get hotshot products in and that's a pretty close drive from San Diego (did it earlier today :p) Or you could try Hotshot directly. They are up near LA though, Irwindale I think? www.hotshot.com
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i heard Luke from digitalracer.com can get em for 190. Can he still do that? That is a awesome price... any better ones out there??? (being hopeful) hehe

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Im bringing this back...

I sent an email to Luke and havent heard from him is there another place to order it from that will give me a good price because I really dont want to wait..
I am also wondering about the battery thing, do I have to move it alot or what? will it hit the intake? and also has anyone installed it themselfs?? is it easy to do? any DIYs? Thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I hear you dont really have to move the batt into your trunk. All you do is move your batt into the corner of the batt tray and cut some of the other end off. But then again I havent done it myself and your going to want to move the batt in your trunk if your turbo ploting like everyone elese.

·
Registered
863 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 said:
Im bringing this back...

I sent an email to Luke and havent heard from him is there another place to order it from that will give me a good price because I really dont want to wait..
I am also wondering about the battery thing, do I have to move it alot or what? will it hit the intake? and also has anyone installed it themselfs?? is it easy to do? any DIYs? Thanks
Best way to get in contact with him is by phone.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Dont buy the K&N drop in filter it adds NO horsepower(well maybe it does) and NO sound. It just makes the car run smoother and shift smoother too. The air filter sounds nice, yes it is louds when youre hauling ass, but in normal daily driving it doesnt make any noise. The Hotshots sounds very nice!! and adds POWER!!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Domiken said:
Dont buy the K&N drop in filter it adds NO horsepower(well maybe it does) and NO sound. It just makes the car run smoother and shift smoother too. The air filter sounds nice, yes it is louds when youre hauling ass, but in normal daily driving it doesnt make any noise. The Hotshots sounds very nice!! and adds POWER!!
i dont know about that. it certainly doesnt add a lot of horsepower but it does make a difference. i would probably go for a pop charger if i were doing it again but since i already blew 40 bucks on the drop in im going to leave the intake alone for a while.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Yeah me too, i blew the money for nothing. I really dont feel any gain in performance. I have a pop charger at my house but im too lazy to install it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yo 2002g20racer do you have any pics of your car...i wanna see how the impul kit looks on ur car man.

·
Registered
354 Posts
oh well any pics of the grill would be nice too

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
so from what i've been reading...with a Cold Air Intake i should expect 8-10hp but if i change the filter that already comes with my cai to a jwt pop charger then i should expect another 3-4 hp ontop of the 8-10 hp the cai gives me? Am i correct? does anyone have a dyno of a g20 with cai and pop charger? thanks for the help
nick

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry I didn't reply to your email, the best price i can do for the HS CAI is $200.95 plus shipping.

http://www.digitalracer.com/catalog/category_product_detail.asp?pid=10673

most sources noted that the cai works best with the jwt intake, but the HS cai alone should be at least 10hp. BTW, the link is to order the cai for the 2002 model only, if you want to order it for other year models, just do your car selection on digitalracer.com and you should be able to order the HS online.
thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts