Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to program that remote control under the drivers visor? You know, with the "1,2,3" buttons. I was toying with the idea of making it work with a remote starter. I'd press 2 to start the car.:p Either way, I'm wondering if I can ake any use of it. Thanks!

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Mike.Com said:
Does anyone know how to program that remote control under the drivers visor? You know, with the "1,2,3" buttons. I was toying with the idea of making it work with a remote starter. I'd press 2 to start the car.:p Either way, I'm wondering if I can ake any use of it. Thanks!
This is the Homelink system. (I think www.homelink.com is their site?)

I'm not sure you can program the keys with just any frequency/code. I think it will only work for the Homelink compatible products.

Awhile back I took my friend's keyless entry remote and tried to program my Homelink key with the code (so I could lock and unlock his doors from my car hehe), never worked. :-\

The instructions are in your owners manual. ...for the P11 anyhow.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boingo82 said:
??? There's a remote control under your visor??? Was this only a "T" thing?

I'm not sure, but I bet only the G20t's had this since it seems like a niche appeal thing. Maybe it was an option on any P10.

Hey, thanks for th link b-boogie! I'm gonna play around with this thing and see if I can make any use of it. If I can't, I'll just gut the module out and put a fuel pump cut off switch there. ;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: hey!

Chris said:
I'd love to have that homelink unit in my g20! Instead of having 2 garage door openers it would be so nice and convenient!

...why would you want to gut it out like that?
Oh, well I don't have a garage to use it with. :p I guess I could sell it. I'm not sure how you would wire it. I think all it needs is power. I'll take some pics for you later. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
not in my T

I don't have any remote stuff on my 95t visor, must be a dealer installed option. Edmunds and KBB do not mention a homelink option on their book pricing.

I'll swap you visors!!! Mine has a lighted vanity mirror - does yours have the mirror or just the buttons?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: not in my T

95Gee20Tee said:
I don't have any remote stuff on my 95t visor, must be a dealer installed option. Edmunds and KBB do not mention a homelink option on their book pricing.

I'll swap you visors!!! Mine has a lighted vanity mirror - does yours have the mirror or just the buttons?
No, no. It's actually under the driver's visor installed in the roof. Hmm...That's odd. You know, I pulled the module out and it said it it was for a 3 Series BMW. Homelink's website doesn't list the P10 G20 as having a Homelink system. Maybe a previous owner just installed it. It looks totally stock though. I'll take pics after I get off work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Its in the 1999+ G20s...I have it and it is great...I don't have to carry my home garage opener and I have one recorded for my friends apartment gate to open so I don't have to call all the time for them to push "9" to open. LOVE IT! but don't know what to do with the third...Heard they sell a something to turn on the lights in your house or a certain outlet but not sure..

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crap, I totally forgot to take pictures last night. I promise to do it tonight. :p

So no other P10's have this?? I don't believe that. :-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.