Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I know that for some of us, school is just around the corner. Priorities change and most of us just do what we have to do. I, myself, am returning to College to finally finish up my MBA after a 5-year layoff. A good friend is getting married. Another is moving to another city. So one last BIG SUMMER MEET before we all go. All Nissans and Infinitis are invited regardless of age, race, sex, etc!

Our goal is to see if we can make this happen on August 24.

If you would, reply on who would like to get together. Any suggestions on time, place (Centrally located), or activity is appreciated.

I'll update this thread and our webpage (niohouston.0catch.com) with more information as days go by.

See you there. :cool:

Thanks,

Geo

Come visit us at http://niohouston.0catch.com

TEAM N.I.O.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
NIOstyle (the other Geo ;) ) said:
So one last BIG SUMMER MEET before we all go. All Nissans and Infinitis are invited regardless of age, race, sex, etc!

Our goal is to see if we can make this happen on August 24.

If you would, reply on who would like to get together. Any suggestions on time, place (Centrally located), or activity is appreciated.
I'll recommend the Davy Jones Kart Zone or whatever it's called.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i hope to have my G back from the shop by then, otherwise i might just have to show up in my mom's Tahoe...lol....i've actually done quite a bit since the last meeting back in...june was it? Well, i'll keep checking here and plan on being there wherever it is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geo, (the other one) =)

I like your idea. Have you been there? It looked great on TV but I don't know if the other people can afford to go. Last meet for the summer before all the rest of the younger folk go back to school. I spoke with the guy (@Davy) couple weeks ago and it's pretty pricey when there aren't any specials. $7 for license and $20 for an 8-min. run. I think either Sept or Oct. giving the others notice to spend that much would be better. My co-workers want to go though! :cheeky: But hey, if you can make it Aug.24 that would be awesome. You have any other ideas where?

Kenny,
Hey it's good to hear from you. It's been awhile. I heard about your car. Sorry dude. I'm glad you got it back. Hey I might sell my G20t. Wanna buy it? hehehe. Try to make it Aug. 24. It would be good to see you whether you have your G20 or the Tahoe.

I'd like to see if we can have a bigger showing than last big meet. Something around 45 cars than 30+ last time. That's just a goal mind you.

Talk to you guys soon!

the other Geo!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
NIOstyle said:
Geo, (the other one) =)

I like your idea. Have you been there? It looked great on TV but I don't know if the other people can afford to go. Last meet for the summer before all the rest of the younger folk go back to school. I spoke with the guy (@Davy) couple weeks ago and it's pretty pricey when there aren't any specials. $7 for license and $20 for an 8-min. run. I think either Sept or Oct. giving the others notice to spend that much would be better. My co-workers want to go though! :cheeky: But hey, if you can make it Aug.24 that would be awesome. You have any other ideas where?
Nope. I won't meet in a parking lot though - at least not at night someplace. I'm not into that. Too old. =)

If y'all want to do Davey Jones at a later date, that's cool. I almost certainly couldn't race this time anyway. I'm having a small operation in the, uh, nether regions earlier in the week. I already have my license though. :)

It's a cool place. The karts are good and seem to be pretty well set up. A little tight (understeer) for me, but safe for the general population. I could get them to drift just enough. Any more and it would be way too much for most folks who haven't raced karts before.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Geo, I respect that. But don't ever say you're too old. =) If we do decide to go to Davy Jones, we'll let you know. Are y'all ever planning to do a geek out again? I haven't heard a thing. Just let me know when you do and I'll bring my G20 instead of my Altima. HAHA.

So far I have 15 confirmed cars and 6 possibles. Anymore people?

Geo
N.I.O.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
NIOstyle said:
Hey Geo, I respect that. But don't ever say you're too old. =) If we do decide to go to Davy Jones, we'll let you know. Are y'all ever planning to do a geek out again? I haven't heard a thing. Just let me know when you do and I'll bring my G20 instead of my Altima. HAHA.
Actually, it looks like I'll be meeting the 944 folks there that night assuming I can walk (I'm having a surgical procedure earlier in the week).

Once it gets cooler out I'll have another geekout. They just aren't any fun when it's 90+ degrees out.

Hopefully I'll have a Primera Te bumper cover to install. =)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Howard! That's Great you can make it! I guess you can have your woman visit her friends again. :cheeky:

That's cool. There are now 3 G20's (you, Kenny,& Kyle)!

·
Registered
411 Posts
hey yall my name is mike and i live in katy. i drive a 91g20 and i would be happy to meet yall. it is august 24 right?? i dont have to be a member of that nio thing do i??

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
NIOstyle said:
Hey Howard! That's Great you can make it! I guess you can have your woman visit her friends again. :cheeky:
That's cool. There are now 3 G20's (you, Kenny,& Kyle)!
This time I'm bringing the other woman and I'll make sure to leave much early. Hopefully this one won't waste my time shopping at Katy Mills.:rolleyes:

my litl g20 said:
hey yall my name is mike and i live in katy. i drive a 91g20 and i would be happy to meet yall. it is august 24 right?? i dont have to be a member of that nio thing do i??
No, you don't have to be a member. But in order for you to join us you have to bring enough booze and brewskis for everyone.
J/K:p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yo Ryte! Thanks for answering the question!
:cool:

Mike, since you called NIO a thing... you definitely have to bring all the beer!!! J/K.

Hey ya, come and join the meet. We'll be happy to see you.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Damn! I have plans for that weekend....I need a road trip soon, Houston would have been fun...a good reason to waste 32 hours on the road....

...although....last time I was in So. TX I got arrested.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys,
Well, the time, date, location is finalized. Check our site at http://niohouston.0catch.com for more info.

Now I'm thinking if we have the courts free we could play beach volleyball or soccer. Let me know which you prefer!

By the way, :bandit: I believe Sept 28, we are planning to go to Import Expo 3 in Houston. Let me know if you'd like to join us as well.

Thanks,
Geo
N.I.O.
Houston Chapter

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
NIOstyle said:
Hey guys,
Well, the time, date, location is finalized. Check our site at http://niohouston.0catch.com for more info.

Now I'm thinking if we have the courts free we could play beach volleyball or soccer. Let me know which you prefer!

By the way, :bandit: I believe Sept 28, we are planning to go to Import Expo 3 in Houston. Let me know if you'd like to join us as well.

Thanks,
Geo
N.I.O.
Houston Chapter
Yo Geo, can you show us out of towners how to get to Memorial Park or at least provide an address? Thanx!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE

Ryte,
Hey guy, I placed a MAPQUEST link on the N.I.O. website that shows a map of where we are going to be. For you, it would be from I-10 then 610 South towards the Galleria, then exit Memorial Dr. and take a left (towards east). You'll see a fork in the road which is the main Memorial Dr. to the left and Picnic Ln. to the right. Take the right side of the fork ( I think there is no street sign). Keep on going till you see the parking lot next to the baseball field that has like a psuedo fence of wooden posts. You'll see that the sand volleyball courts are diagonal from the parking lot across the street. OH check out the time too. It's at 6:30p which gives us more daylight

Man... is that good directions or what?!?!?! :lol:

If Anyone wants to bring a cooler of drinks that would be cool. Also, if someone has a volleyball, bring it!

Thanks,

Geo

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: UPDATE

NIOstyle said:
Ryte,
Hey guy, I placed a MAPQUEST link on the N.I.O. website that shows a map of where we are going to be. For you, it would be from I-10 then 610 South towards the Galleria, then exit Memorial Dr. and take a left (towards east). You'll see a fork in the road which is the main Memorial Dr. to the left and Picnic Ln. to the right. Take the right side of the fork ( I think there is no street sign). Keep on going till you see the parking lot next to the baseball field that has like a psuedo fence of wooden posts. You'll see that the sand volleyball courts are diagonal from the parking lot across the street. OH check out the time too. It's at 6:30p which gives us more daylight

Man... is that good directions or what?!?!?! :lol:

If Anyone wants to bring a cooler of drinks that would be cool. Also, if someone has a volleyball, bring it!

Thanks,

Geo
Thanks NIO-Geo. Much appreciated.;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well i hate to disappoint you all, but i just found out that my mom needs me to babysit that night. I just got my G back from the shop last week and it looks better than ever. They are still looking for a spoiler to replace the one that broke.....unfortunately, i don't know who made the spoiler or where it came from (not stock, bought the car used). Anyway, i do apologize for not being able to attend....y'all won't be missing much though, mainly all that's different from last time is my 2 12s in the trunk, and the rear looks like new. I'll try to make the next meeting though.

-kenny-

·
Registered
21 Posts
anyboby want to buy some 17 inch konig sub-zeros white no curb marks or anything I got them 07/03/02 paid 1200.00 asking 900.00 tires will have warranty throught discount tire sorry to post here but I do not want to ship the wheels and since everybody here is from Houston.

·
Registered
411 Posts
man i really wanted to meet yall tomorrow but i went out and did something stupid, not goin to say what but lets just say it involved another car a 2 lane road and some fat PIGS. so ya, i wont be driving for bout 30-90 days.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts