Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested about Montegi MR7's in silver 17". I know a few people have them here so can you tell me how you like them? Are they heavier or lighter than our stock wheels?
Also Im debating if I should get 215/45 or 205/40's. I heard that the 205/40's make your speedometer 3mph off, is that right? So which one looks better and which one should I get?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
yeah it is pretty bad for a 17 inch rim you can get descent 18's for about 25 lbs so thats a big wow to me for such a light looking rim and the weight is what their website says so u know its not someone elses guess
casual

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I went ahead and ordered the Montegi MR7 in silver. I get the whole package: rims, 215/40/17 Toyo tires, balancing, mounting, shipping, caps, rings, lug nuts, everything for $899. My local auto store get me a quote of $1200 for the same rims, I was like kiss my ass. I cant wait to put them on middle of next week.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Those are tight man you'll have to let me know if they rub at all and if you can tell if the weight makes a difference or not. Where did you get the package from man?

·
Registered
290 Posts
you'd have to look at a tire chart to know how far off the speedo will be. It will not be off 3 mph if you aren't moving at all. I think that sr20development.com has the tires sizes and what have you if you'd care to look. my .02

Bryan

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got them today and put them on. HELL YEAH. Definatly looks tight on the car. I'll try and get some pics. The 215/40 tires definatly like glue you to the ground. I definatly like the rims. Ya they are havier than the stock ones, obviously but not by too too much. Installation went ok. I got the front ones on fine, but the back were a bitch. The back rotor has this metal cap in the middle that sticks out and when you put the wheel on, it pushes the center cap(where the M symbol is for the Motegi wheels) of the wheel out. I tried to take off the metal cap on the rotor but no luck, so what I did was I bent the cap on the sides so the cap of wheel would fit in, but it still doesnt fit perfectly. Anyone know how to take that damn metal cap off the rotor, the front ones dont have it.

Also, what pressure do I keep these tires at? Front and rear. I got 215/40/17's. And last question, what do you use to clean the wheels. I dont want them to scratch or anything. Can I use the Aluminum Wheel Cleaner stuff that I have?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hey manyou never answered my question. Where did you get the package from because the wheels alone are $275 at their website so your 800 doesnt make sense to me. Letme know. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They balance them before they send them out to you. They just stick it on a machine and it spins and then they know where to put the weights. So ya the rims are wicked tight.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will. Im trying to get my friend to let me borrow his digital camera, so once I do I'll get those pics.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the new pics up with the new wheels. Check out my page:

koojo.s5.com

On the menu click Pictures, then Exterior and than scroll to the bottom to see the new pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts