Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
i was looking into this the other day, the best way 2 upgrade ur brakes cheaply is to buy Cross drilled discs and some decent quality pads, other than that, not much that i kno of :)

·
"the government"
2,613 Posts
From my experience cross drilled and slotted rotors are not going to improve your brakes on a daily driver. They are meant more for race cars which the brakes get hotter and need to be cooled. When I put mine on they actually felt harder to stop, probably because there is less surface area for the brake pad to connect to.

·
Registered
866 Posts
yeah i knew the holes did that, ie the drilled, but the cross bit, i thought helped friction (at least what i read) then how could they sell black diamond products saying they improve braking force if they dont?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Whether you buy a Diamond X Drilled range for extra cooling, Diamond 12 Groove range for more instant response and greater friction or Diamonds award winning Combination range for extra cooling, extra friction and instant response, you will always get Diamonds unique compound and extra heat treatment to provide you with awesome braking performance.
All measurements are in millimeters.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
If it's a P10 then get P11 front brakes on it. Otherwise stick with blank rotors and good pads. Pads don't outgas as much now and don't need drilled/dimpled/grooved rotors.

Grooved can help prevent glazing but again they reduce friction area....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
As Mark pointed out, on a street car there is no advantage to cross drilled, slotted, etc. rotors. You are better off going out and buying a high quality replacement rotor (Bendix, Raybestos, Brembo, Wagner) than spending money on these other rotors. The cheap Chinese rotors are OK for the rear but I would not personally put them on the front. There is a difference in the metallurgy and balancing. Ceramic pads are also usually better as they are quieter (less squealing) and tend to dust less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts